Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > ULEZ - is the whole thing a con?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Bill

United Kingdom 
ULEZ - is the whole thing a con?

ULEZ, none of us want poor air quality.
Sometimes , just a few times a year, you can see the air maps showing red ( dangerous) normally rush hour , and at two or three key points. One is by King’s Cross and another at the Barbican where traffic is held in a tunnel by traffic lights and a pedestrian crossing. So there are issues , but not over the entire city certainly not for the vast period of the day…

SO….

Not everyone on the forum is London centric, and I rarely drive there anymore, but I don’t like being conned or mugged. What’s happening in London will be happening elsewhere . Even without tubes, best question how bad air quality really is & how frequently that occurs

this video link is revealing WHY? . Pollution on the tube is at worse than dangerous levels, yet Khan is still complaining about cars. He's responsible for TFL/tube.

https://order-order.com/2023/05/15/guido-i...z-streets/ Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #664201 15th May 2023 10:08pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

It's extremely cynical.

Post #664203 15th May 2023 10:28pm
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

maybe the plot is tax the motorist to pay for cleaning up the very high toxic air in the London tube system, about £500 million should do it Smile

yes those wealthy car owners can afford it - subsidise the London tube system - thank you Censored Censored Khan !

Post #664206 15th May 2023 10:55pm
SamThomas

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Baltic Blue

Of course it's a con - a way to increase revenue on the back of the green/climate change/environment bandwagon.

It's often quoted how many people "die prematurely" because of road traffic pollution - but they never quote how many of them smoke/have smoked which must contribute ?

As an aside I've spent most of my working life driving, breathing it in, full strength for around 5 decades or so and I'm still here. Having said that I've never smoked.

AFAIK the LEZ has done little or nothing to "improve" the air quality, so I doubt if the ULEZ will either.

Post #664207 15th May 2023 11:02pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Some people feel better believing it's a con like any conspiracy theory peddled by a far right site like the one linked. If councils, governments , the deep state/BBC Rolling with laughter wanted to con motorists out of money there are far easier and more effective ways of doing it than this. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #664214 16th May 2023 7:27am
TJH1985

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

It is frustrating for sure, effectively prevents me from taking my Skoda Octavia to work instead I have to take the FFRR which seems backwards!

That being said I have managed to get my 1998 Lotus exempt Mr. Green Sold - Bell a 2015 MY16 Loire Blue Autobiography 4.4 SDV8
Previously George a 2007 MY07 Java Black VSE 3.6 TDV8
Previously a 04 MY04 Defender 90 Sad

Post #664219 16th May 2023 8:07am
Philip

JayGee wrote:
Some people feel better believing it's a con like any conspiracy theory peddled by a far right site like the one linked. If councils, governments , the deep state/BBC Rolling with laughter wanted to con motorists out of money there are far easier and more effective ways of doing it than this.

It’s won’t reduce pollution by any meaningful degree (see the impact assessment), and normal replacement of the vehicle fleet means its proposed format will be entirely irrelevant in about three years.

Maybe there’s another reason to spend hundreds of millions of pounds to install and run a London-wide ANPR network?

Post #664222 16th May 2023 9:16am
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Anything that can be taxed eventually gets used as a con, because the wrong people get hold of it and exploit it to their advantage. Happens all the while and others get sucked in and believe the hype.

Example: Our local Council has decided that all the grass areas that would normally be maintained by them will be subject to 'no mow May.' This is apparently to help of the lovely little insects etc that would be so disrupted if they mowed the grass like they are contracted to. Obviously it has nothing to do with saving money, perpetrated by some little middle manager in the Council trying to make a name for themselves. Oh, and did I mention that we in a village surrounded by farmland, you couldn't make it up. Bring back 'Yes Minister.' Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #664223 16th May 2023 9:24am
JayGee

Philip wrote:
JayGee wrote:
Some people feel better believing it's a con like any conspiracy theory peddled by a far right site like the one linked. If councils, governments , the deep state/BBC Rolling with laughter wanted to con motorists out of money there are far easier and more effective ways of doing it than this.

It’s won’t reduce pollution by any meaningful degree (see the impact assessment), and normal replacement of the vehicle fleet means its proposed format will be entirely irrelevant in about three years.

Maybe there’s another reason to spend hundreds of millions of pounds to install and run a London-wide ANPR network?

I have my doubts that the extended area to the M25 will be as beneficial as the earlier zones and such a boundary is crude as it covers less dense areas and even rural areas when the significant pollution problem is in dense urban areas. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #664225 16th May 2023 9:44am
Philip

The earlier zones weren’t beneficial either, they have just taken the credit for the normal replacement of vehicles by less polluting ones, bus fleet finally cleaned up etc.

Post #664246 16th May 2023 12:51pm
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

they should be tackling the shocking toxic air levels in the tube system, that is probably killing more people every year than at street level - especially those that commute 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour back, absolutely incredible that TfL can get away with such double standards Sad

Post #664251 16th May 2023 2:04pm
JayGee

Philip wrote:
The earlier zones weren’t beneficial either, they have just taken the credit for the normal replacement of vehicles by less polluting ones, bus fleet finally cleaned up etc.

Can you point me to the data that supports this claim please 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #664253 16th May 2023 2:15pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

It can't be that much of a head scratcher surely? Penalising the most polluting diesel vehicles to discourage them being used in highly populated areas.......how is that a bad thing? Passive smoking but with diesel particulates......

Next week someone will be telling me smoking is bad for my health. Come on, this deep state / con construct is Trumpian nonsense.

Post #664257 16th May 2023 3:31pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

This is not conspiracy theory stuff, but watch the video on the link below for Khan's future plans, this is not rumour, this is the next step Khan and his cronies want to implement, again, without proven figures, without hard facts, plans like the ones in the video are the one you expect to see from China not in a democratic country. Some people will claim that these plans are ok, but the wording is so ambiguous as to be dangerous, once again Khan is trying introduce plans via the back door and this does not bode well for the future, it's scary to think about what Khan will want next.

Post #664270 16th May 2023 5:03pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

And what type of car does this Khan person use as his personal transport.........

A Range Rover...not just one, his security detail follows him around in a second one.

Pure hypocracy

Post #664271 16th May 2023 5:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>