Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > paddling pool around the compressor in boot !!!!! Help !! :(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
A1GSS

England 

Maybe this Forum is jinxed... Shocked Others have already suggested it Whistle

Reason I'm wondering thsi is that I've just been out to my car to get the spare out, discovered a pool of water about 1/2" deep in the spare wheel well... yesterday it was completely dry, dusty even, so this water ingress has happened in the last 12 hours, probably for the first time... Big Cry

Any idea what causes it? A drain that needs clearing? Graham

____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #86199 9th Oct 2011 12:38pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i'd investigate the possibility of an open tailgate or the range parked in a different position maybe.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #86201 9th Oct 2011 12:43pm
A1GSS

England 

Right, thanks.

It's definitely parked in a different place that it has been for the last three years, as I only bought it on Friday afternoon...! First rain at my house since I've had the car was last night.

I'll double check tailgate is closed. Graham

____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #86202 9th Oct 2011 12:47pm
RR8701

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Well that's the trouble I have. I think I did have a fault with the compressor getting damp but I dried it out and I've heard it working and the pressure release value after I fitted it back in. So my main confusion is that is the fault still showing because it was logged before I "repaired" the compressor or should it actually clear if everything is 100% ok. I feel my money would be better invested in an rsw all comms tool. What do you think?

Post #86204 9th Oct 2011 12:50pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

you cant make any certain decisions until you clear the fault i reckon..investing in the RAC or IIDTool would be a sound idea cos you'll never know when you need one.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #86205 9th Oct 2011 12:57pm
RR8701

Hi,

Do you know if rac would be better than the rsw comms lead. And also rough price guide.

Also you have a good point about the tailgate being open etc as I sometimes get the tailgate open error and just open and close it however on this occasion this could have opened and hence my own range rover paddling pool.

Post #86209 9th Oct 2011 1:16pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

its difficult to decide which is the best tool tbh, both have their strengths and weaknesses..have a read of the threads concerning these two.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #86210 9th Oct 2011 1:29pm
RR8701

If I'm honest I'm more inclined towards the rsw all comms tool however I'm not sure if it can only be used with one rr or as many as u need.

Just thinking if I get rid of the rr. Just to sell it on eBay after.

Any reliable sites to read up on rac etc. I did see the few posts on here discussing the few tools out.

Post #86216 9th Oct 2011 1:53pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

The RAC is a good tool. It's the cheapest of the lot but you need a laptop to use it so not as mobile as the IIDT. The RAC will do any RR from 2002>2004. (pre facelift). If you have a TD6 it can't currently read the engine codes but storey is working in it I think. Have a read on here as there are a few threads about these. [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #86219 9th Oct 2011 2:08pm
RR8701

I don't mind using my laptop. I'd probably prefer it. I have a 2004 most system I imagine as I have touch screen sat nav 54 plate.

Is rac compatible with this.

Post #86220 9th Oct 2011 2:21pm
Stoich

Scotland 

Here's my tupence worth on this problem for what it's worth.

I have read elswhere that the grommet where the air line goes to the resevoir is a weak point and may let water into the boot. If there is water above that level, well I'm obviously wrong.

One problem you may have with the compressor is the exhaust filter. This can slow down the air flow from the compressor, which will cause your suspension to go into fault, as there is a time limit on how long it takes to get the resevoir up to pressure, over this time and it will cause suspension inactive fault (suspension will still be working though), which can only be reset with Testbook or some other suitable type of diagnostic tool. You cannot reset the inactive fault by disconnecting battery / lock to lock etc.
The compressor air filter only costs less than a tenner if I remember correctly, so may be worth a try.

The reason you hear the compressor coming on when you turn the wheels is that the position of the wheels will slightly alter the height of the car and hence the air suspension compensates for this and adjusts to suit.

I have had the Air Suspension Inactive fault on mine for some time now, got it diagnosed on Testbook at Mann Automotive in Laurencekirk (near Montrose). Can't rate these guys highly enough, they are independent but are head and shoulders above the nearest main delaer in Aberdeen. Anyway, they told me that compressor is on way out, and showed me pressure limit, time outs etc that was causing my fault. Will get round to replacing compressor sometime, but as it has no bearing on day to day running of car (apart from being able to adjust height manually), I'm in no hurry to get it done. If you like it, who cares what other people think

Post #86678 11th Oct 2011 4:40pm
RR8701

Hi Stoich

Thanks for the reply, I currently have the rsw all comms tool in my house, going to quickly read up on it and get this fault cleared and see how the pump is doing. tbh i really do think the pump is ok now, however it just might be me being wishful.

you mentioned an exhaust filter, where is this exactly, what does it look like, do you have any pictures. I am going to clear my fault tonight (fingers crossed) raise and lower the air susp manually and then find the biggest country road i can find and rip the cr4p out of it for letting me down for 5 days lol.

ill report back Thumbs Up

Post #86738 11th Oct 2011 7:21pm
Reformed

England 

If I am not mistaken, with the spare wheel removed you will see a pipe coming from the compressor into what looks like a round black sponge, I believe this is the filter. On mine looking into the boot from the rear its on the right near the back. Reformed

Post #86780 11th Oct 2011 8:30pm
RR8701

Hi All Big Cry

I managed to purchase a all comms tool and i got it today, its not clearing the fault, its probably me being a prat.

i plugged it in, had all the software loaded. i plugged in rr first with engine already running, had software open on laptop, plugged usb into laptop

i went onto the air susp section and opens comms, it went green, but only the first comm colour comes up the tx the rx doesnt light up, i tried some of the other ones and it lights up on some and some not.

Sad i so confused, someone please help.

Post #86787 11th Oct 2011 9:01pm
Reformed

England 

Try connecting with the ignition on but not started (so all the ignition lights are on) Reformed

Post #86788 11th Oct 2011 9:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>