Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Calling RRPhil
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
RRPhil

United Kingdom 

If you do decide to order a new intermediate plate then it might be worth mentioning that you should really also replace the bridge seal

Click image to enlarge

and the four jump tubes

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

when the Mechatronic unit is removed. These parts are relatively cheap and are available from Land Rover

Click image to enlarge

Bridge seal = TGW 500010

Small jump tube = TZT 500010 (2-off)
Medium jump tube = TZT 500020
Large jump tube = TZT 500030

As yours is an early model, it may also be worthwhile upgrading the multiplug connector sleeve (which is prone to leak)

Click image to enlarge

to the latest version (TZV 500010)

Phil

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #183123 15th Apr 2013 11:50pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Hi Phil,

Thanks for this, I have asked my dealer in Holland for price and delivery time for the parts. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #183343 17th Apr 2013 11:34am
ebajema

While waiting for price and delivery time of the mechatronic parts, I have updated the Engine ECU software as well today. Now I know what to look for it went quite quickly. Engine runs a bit smoother and I didn't have the CEL on at the end of the drive (short drive though).

Anyway, didn't solve the gearbox issue of course (although I did hope that it would).

So the next step is getting all the parts that Phil recommended and I will also try to get a Delay Accumulator Piston (a possible problem causer for the 3-4 shift issue) and the solenoid that that engages the 4th gear.

Will keep you all posted on progress. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #183798 20th Apr 2013 5:43pm
ebajema

Phil, I am talking to an automatic gearbox outfit in the Netherlands as the dealer can't supply all the parts (especially the delay piston and shift valve damper as well as the sheet). They are of course trying to sell me a lot more as they don't sell those parts loose (they say they will take them from an old Mechatronic).

Would you know an outfit that could supply the parts I need ???? MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #184913 26th Apr 2013 2:01pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Your Lucky Eb,

According to mine i have no engine updates or gearbox ones for my little TD6 Sad

May chase this up with BBS tonight though as its a little worrying... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #184914 26th Apr 2013 2:12pm
ebajema

But you can get Pete Bell performance flash files loaded Smile Or do the ecotune on the gearbox ! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #184917 26th Apr 2013 2:15pm
TheAllSeeingPie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Java Black

Does anyone know if Pete Bell does gearbox upgrades for the SC? 
07 Supercharged - Still breaking her in!

Boot soundproofing part 1 - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15612.html
Custom exhaust - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15296.html
18" wheels for Brembo equipped cars - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15052.html

Post #184920 26th Apr 2013 2:23pm
ebajema

As far as I understand he only does upgrades to diesel engine management. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #184922 26th Apr 2013 2:27pm
kingpleb

Using the MSV2?? I saw about the PB maps so thought he must offer discount on them as well.

I've done the nav on the move bit which took about 30mins and spent another 2 hours going thru EVERY ecu I could for her which was fun but i did download all the firmwares i could lay my hands on...

Is it PB that does the ecotune on the gearbox or the german company as i guess they just charge you for the firmware file? FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #184923 26th Apr 2013 2:30pm
ebajema

The ecotune has nothing to do with PB as far as I know.

The Performance Flash File Loader loads "upgraded" maps into your ECU and those maps come from PB if I understand it correctly. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #184925 26th Apr 2013 2:32pm
kingpleb

Where do the ecotune ones come from?? FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #184927 26th Apr 2013 2:34pm
ebajema

No clue. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #184928 26th Apr 2013 2:35pm
kingpleb

BBS post here i come! Though i tend to feel its a tumbleweed area their forum Sad FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #184944 26th Apr 2013 3:49pm
RRPhil

United Kingdom 

ebajema wrote:
Phil, I am talking to an automatic gearbox outfit in the Netherlands as the dealer can't supply all the parts (especially the delay piston and shift valve damper as well as the sheet). They are of course trying to sell me a lot more as they don't sell those parts loose (they say they will take them from an old Mechatronic).

Would you know an outfit that could supply the parts I need ????

The catalogue of the supplier that I use here in the UK (http://www.jpat.co.uk/6HP26.pdf) lists the seals and the intermediate sheet but not the individual valves. It was certainly ZF’s original intention to only supply the valve blocks as complete assemblies though these policies sometimes change as the product gets older. Should I contact JPAT on your behalf and make some enquiries? I could get a quote for the seals/plate at the same time. If we draw a blank on the individual valves I could always send you mine to try.

Click image to enlarge

So just to recap -

The 3-4 shift is achieved through the engagement of the E-clutch while the B-clutch is released. The E-clutch then stays engaged in 5th and 6th gears too so the fact that the transmission seems to perform okay in these higher gears seems to indicate that there isn’t an issue (either mechanical or hydraulic) with the E-clutch itself. So the problem seems to relate to the actual period of engagement of the E-clutch and the delay accumulator valve is there to act as a damper volume to modulate the pressure rise specifically during this engagement period. It seems sensible therefore to examine this component carefully to check the spring and the free movement of the piston in its bore. Other primary components involved in the 3-4 shift are Shift Valve I and the on-off MV1 solenoid (with the black cap). These should also be visually checked and preferably have their performance verified by substitution.

Click image to enlarge

Phil

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #185003 26th Apr 2013 9:55pm
ebajema

Hi Phil,

Thank you very much for your reply. The components you mention are exactly the ones that I am asking for as based on your and other info, this makes the most sense to me as well.

My feeling (also based on some of the stuff I read online with other ZF 6HP-26 users) is that it is either dirt (metal particles), machining chip(s), spring or wear/burr on the above mentioned components.

The fact that it only happens during "coasting" and not under acceleration and only on the upshift, not the down shift makes me agree that these are the most likely components to investigate.

If you could be so kind as to talk to your supplier. The type plate of the gearbox is attached and I read : Getriebe no. 0184228 and serial no. 1068 020054

Click image to enlarge

Many many moons ago, my dad had a problem with his Triumph 2500TC gearbox, a Borg Warner if I remember correctly. Now this was the best maintained Triumph in the world without a doubt. His box developed an issue and he decided to dive into it himself. The part that caused the issue was a tiny metal plate bent in a 90 deg angle that had developed a little burr that made it stick where it shouldn't. It cost him the equivalent of 1 GBP at the time. Problem solved and many happy miles followed after that. I'm hoping for something similar of course !!!! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #185006 26th Apr 2013 10:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>