Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Ultimate infotainment upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Print this entire topic · 
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi Colin, you have done a mammoth job.. Thumbs Up just goes to show nothing is impossible, it may cost a fortune or take a while but in the end you have triumphed.. now to what hopefully will be the spin offs from all your hard work, we now know what can be achieved with the aid of the gate way module but on a smaller scale can you say what else can be done by using this module,, again well done Thumbs Up V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #121054 9th May 2012 8:53pm
BBS SPY

Cyprus 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Cheers Guys
I truly appreciate the comments of support.
This project did get a bit more physical than technical in the end, but i can't tell you how just good and rewarding the end results actually feel. It really is like i have a new Range Rover now and the missus thinks i am the best thing since sliced bread. She actually said she does not want to get out of the car now Rolling with laughter

Technically i was always quite sure this was possible, after all nothing else changed between the L322 introduction and 2005, and the Gateway ECU that makes this possible does not care about the year of the BMW stuff it interfaces to.

If i had purchased all i needed to do this new from LR, the bill for the infotainment stuff alone would have indeed come to well over 10 Grand. which is indeed a small fortune, However much of this stuff was fitted from 05 to 09 and can often be picked up on Ebay for a fraction of it's new price, and in total i figure i have paid no more than 2,500 all in.

That's absolute peanuts compared to what it would cost me to change a perfectly good vehicle i love for a later one and has undoubtedly added much more than that to the eventual resale value of the vehicle.

As well as creating detailed documentation of all the steps required to do this i have actually also amassed an an almost complete duplicate set of all the main ECU's and wiring i used. So if someone else wants to do this, i would be happy to supply them with most of what they need as well as the information required as a package Thumbs Up 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #121201 10th May 2012 6:39pm
robbo770

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

[quote="BBS SPY"]Well that is part of the Gateway ECU's purporse daveo, and of course what i am clearly using as the base of this entire project as i have previously stated Thumbs Up
Without LR producing it as a temporary solution in 2005 only, just so they could add their own infotainment stuff i would not be able to do this project at all.

The gateway effectively taps into the BMW private CAN bus to get all the info it needs for Ign state, current Gear, Road speed, EAS and steering angle. It also taps into the Ibus for the steering wheel controls, clock sync and other stuff.

Then on the output side it provides the Low or Medium speed CAN bus with all the info on it as well as a CCF that the various later systems require, including the Venture Dock. This CAN bus is also connected to the Diagnostic socket and it is over this that the Gateway CCF is configured and access to the IHU and thus the MOST bus systems plugged into it is made.

I am not sure you could run the Gateway ECU without the Head unit, but then there would not be much point to that as you need the Head unit to provide the MOST bus and the screen to see the output of the Venture cams anyway.quote]

Hi again,

I am fitting the Venture cam into the D3 currently, operating in FFRR mode on the touchscreen,

could you advise the colours of the can bus I need to tie into to get the control signals to the docking station, I see pin 1 is negitive and pin 4 is 12v positive.

can you confirm the pins orentation for the can bus?

thank Rob Current vehicles
4.2 SC FFRR RSE 2010- facelift
Range Rover Evogue Dynamic Lux

Gone
Rejected RRS my14.5 nightmare
Disco B4 XXV convert
Freelander 06 SE
06 RFFRR 4.2 SC Vogue RSE
Audi A8 4.2Tdi Quattro (hated with a vengence!!)
54 FFRR 2005 model V8 4.4 Cobra Variant
53 Mitsubishi Shogun V6

Post #210748 17th Sep 2013 6:38pm
Graham1986

United Kingdom 

Hi Colin

Great work you have done!

I was wondering if you can power the main display with the IHU alone through fibre optics? If so do you know the pinouts for both units?

Thanks
Graham

Post #262744 2nd Jun 2014 11:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567