Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > went in for oil change, came back out with AIR SUSP INACTIVE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
holidaychicken

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Ohwhatalad wrote:
Thanks Haylands thats much appreciated!
I have been out there with the IID tool for the past hour, got the car level and exited the mode disabling the EAS so it wont try to re-level itself and mess up again - Driveable once more Very Happy

Ill order the Height sensor, i have found it for £28 https://www.lrdirect.com/RQH100030-Height-Sensor-Ds2-Rear-2/
Brand- Britpart

- holiday chicken, i bought the IID tool from eBay from JGS 4x4 i think they were called, only place i could find them in stock it was about £280 but im loving it so far as its helped me alot.
It does have config for height sensors on the menu but im not sure i need to play around with that, ill just swap the sensor out and re-enable EAS and hope it does its job.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look, can't have too many diagnostic tools for a rangey.
I normally avoid Britpart if I can unless there is no other option or I can't afford genuine or OEM quality.

Post #374620 28th Feb 2016 12:40am
Ollie7195

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Barolo Black

Hi guys, had my rangie jacked up over the weekend to change brake pipes, went to drive it away and the air suspension inactive comes up, its sat perfectly level at standard driving height, hasn't changed all week...

on the off road screen on the sat nav the front left sensor is showing the front left wheel to be really low and theres a red flashing bar on that wheel, the lights are still on in the height adjust panel but its been locked in position by the car

is this likely to be a resettable fault? or does it sound like something has broken? the cable to the sensor was under a bit of tension when removing a brake pipe but it seems pretty sturdy so hopefully haven't broken that! not sure where it would connect into the loom if i have! also unplugged the connector to check it wasn't oxidised or anything silly and its perfectly clean inside

Post #427099 9th Feb 2017 10:05pm
zarnd

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

I had similar at Christmas after a service and the exhaust on the compressor was blocked causing my suspension to stop working and bong and give me the warning on the dash. I also had no orange lights on the dash below the heater controls for the height setting.

I removed my exhaust from the compressor and it finally lowered properly. Drilled a hole in the end to get it working again. Mine was blocked solid as couldn't blow through it so knew it was the cause.

cheers Alex

2018 Skoda Kodiaq vRS
2009 Caterham Supersport Race car
2007 M5 Touring
2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG

Post #427143 10th Feb 2017 10:42am
tnysctt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Just had the same had a puncture then air sus inactive found it was a rear sensor replaced faulty sensor and all ok just dam bad luck n coincidence that it happened at same time as puncture so probs same for yourself

Post #427243 10th Feb 2017 10:02pm
Ollie7195

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Barolo Black

Well good news! Bought an IID tool from GAP as I figured id be needing one for quite a few jobs, found that the front left sensor was reading 253mm all the rest were around 0mm +/- 10mm took the sensor off the car cleaned it up a bit, had resistance around 1.4k ohms - 1.7k ohms so sensor was working correctly, put it back on the car and played around with the arm, noticed that it worked perfectly well with the arm one way and not the other, I can only assume that the arm had flipped to the other side where there is no reading when it had been jacked up without noticing!

Post #428229 18th Feb 2017 12:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234