Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Ride making me queasy - is it the tyres?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
BrianC

Scotland 

My old range rover was terrible in corners and wallowed down the road
I found out the suspension heights where all wrong and needed recalibrated to the correct height

Post #161791 4th Jan 2013 10:39am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Tonga Green, one of my faves of ALL time. (That's why I had one!)

Looked great whether it was freshly waxed or knee deep in shi!t. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #161793 4th Jan 2013 10:50am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Me too on TONGA but they are difficult to sell believe it or not!

Post #161829 4th Jan 2013 12:25pm
TheAllSeeingPie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Java Black

Gazellio @ Prestige Cars wrote:

I'm still thinking about having mine wrapped in Tonga green ... 
07 Supercharged - Still breaking her in!

Boot soundproofing part 1 - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15612.html
Custom exhaust - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15296.html
18" wheels for Brembo equipped cars - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15052.html

Post #161833 4th Jan 2013 12:48pm
Simes

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

Gazellio @ Prestige Cars wrote:

I guess it's the old 'green cars are unlucky' feeling still about! Probably due to the fact that they are less easily spotted against the scenery on country roads, so end up in more accidents?

Post #161834 4th Jan 2013 12:50pm
Harrup

2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

Update: 
The new set of Pirelli Scorpion Zero made a substantial difference. The ride feels far less jolty and harsh.  Even on some of our rickety back roads of Dartmoor it behaves MUCH better. And on on a good road surface it is lovely. It's the 1st time I drove my new car and didn't feel as sick as a dog afterwards.

However....I am still not entirely convinced that the suspension is behaving entirely how it should.  To me the car is still a tad too "wallowy". Hence it will go into the garage next week for a thorough check-up & tune-up. Thanks again for all your suggestions and recommendations, I'll be sure to make a list and bring it to the garage when it goes in.

Incidentally, the CO2 detectors stayed mute in the car. If their readings are to be relied upon - the car isn't silently poisoning us. Good news!  We are still trying to figure out why this car has a weird cabin pressure build -up ( with all the windows closed it feels as if one is descending from a mountain - or whilst landing on an aircraft -and we inevitably need to clear the ears when getting out. Mercifully, at least my husband feels the same thing. ). Not used to that cabin pressure thing from my previous RRs, but I ascribe it to super tight window and door seals. Another oddity.

Todays test drive with the "comparison vehicle" at the LR dealer was a mixed success. Why? Well....they gave me the TD 4.4 V8 belonging to one of their management staff. Lets just say that if I had had a spare 40k lying around and  I thought" hmm, wonder what I should do with that money?" I would have driven away with that car. And IF that car WOULD have been Tonga green....I suddenly WOULD have found a spare 40 K. By Joves that, 4.4 V8 is one delicous car. The engine, the ride, the dashboard, the torque - I already know what my next RR will be. THAT one.

On the other hand, my husband was muttering something evil under his breath when witnessing my passion for the TD. Since he practically begged me to just try a diesel before getting the supercharged. Routine conversations went like this:

OH:" you really ought to check out the later RR diesels. They get a great write up in all my car magazines"

Me:" Nope. I hate diesels. I love the petrol V8"

OH:" how can you hate a diesel if you never even tried one?!"

Me:" dunno, they sound too "diese-ly".

OH:" no they don't. Diesels don't sound and smell like they used to. Just TRY one. Just once"

Me:"noooo. WHY would I try a diesel when I dislike them???"

OH: " for God's sake....."

Suffice to say he therefore wasn't overly joyous when I fell for the TD 4.4 V8 hook, line and sinker. Still, since nothing gives a spouse greater satisfaction than saying "I told you so", he will be fine. 

Thanks again for all your suggestions and help. Invaluable. And if anyone wants to sell their Tonga/Galloway Green TD4.4 V8 in the near future, please let me know!

Wishing you all safe, yet exciting, drives

Post #161948 4th Jan 2013 9:20pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

I've driven the 4.4TDV8 and shocked the guys at a LR Experience centre as to how much sprightlier my tuned 3.6TDV8 seems.

granted, if JE Engineering were to tune a 4.4 TDV8 it would be more awesome, and I will try my utmost to get one next time.

Mine is just turning 90,000 miles and I swear it's getting quicker. Very Happy

A friend of mine (on here also as NKSC) has Mick's (Joker) Supercharged, I went in it the other day, its smooth as silk, but I still LOVE the TDV8. The 800nm torque is just sublime.

By the way, good luck with the SC and the weirdness! When I had a Sport SC the pressure would build up inside. I knew someone who said a football exploded in his boot from the pressure build up Shocked Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #161953 4th Jan 2013 9:53pm
JohnnyDangerous

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Just a thought, have you changed the cabin filter? One day your life will flash before your eyes......................................make sure yours is worth watching!

Post #161958 4th Jan 2013 10:24pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Are you thinking mould spores? Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #161966 4th Jan 2013 11:17pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

If do want to change the pollen filter its amazingly easy, anyone can do it.

Luckily, some bright spark chronicled it once before, for the benevolence of others.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic746.html Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #161967 4th Jan 2013 11:18pm
JohnnyDangerous

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

RRUK wrote:
Are you thinking mould spores?

Could be or they are just very easily made to feel quesy, my Mrs cant even go in an old jag cause she says they smell of old leather and oil, I reckon a fithy impregnated filter may pass enough fumes to cause nausea, for £15 it cant hurt, should be done once a year anyway. One day your life will flash before your eyes......................................make sure yours is worth watching!

Post #161972 4th Jan 2013 11:41pm
Harrup

RRUK wrote:

By the way, good luck with the SC and the weirdness! When I had a Sport SC the pressure would build up inside. I knew someone who said a football exploded in his boot from the pressure build up Shocked

WHAT?????!!!!!!

If I interpret your message correctly - you COULDN'T ultimately rectify the pressure build-up in your Sport SC?

In my blissful ignorance I envisaged that I'd cheerily mention the issue to the LR garage and they would swiftly fix it. Or instruct me to alter the climate control setting or something. I attributed it to either new user error or some RR quirk which could easily be addressed.

Post #161982 5th Jan 2013 7:03am
Harrup

JohnnyDangerous wrote:
Just a thought, have you changed the cabin filter?

I've only had the car for a couple of weeks and supposedly it had a full service just before we bought it....so no, we haven't changed anything. Aside from the tyres!

Good tip, though - thanks!

Post #161983 5th Jan 2013 7:08am
Harrup

RRUK wrote:
If do want to change the pollen filter its amazingly easy, anyone can do it.

Luckily, some bright spark chronicled it once before, for the benevolence of others.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic746.html

Thank you - most appreciated.

Post #161984 5th Jan 2013 7:11am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Do you have the Air Conditioning on "Automatic" Two lights - all the time?

Post #161992 5th Jan 2013 10:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>