Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > First problem with my 2011
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
Tomw2000

2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

HJD wrote:
Do you know what the resolution was in your friend and his father's case?

I will double check with him. I'm sure he mentioned that he thought it seemed to happen when the vehicle _hadn't_ been locked. /*shrug*/

He's definitelt never mentioned the pre-heater thingy -though that's the most common supsected cause I've come across online.

Post #51312 22nd Feb 2011 9:42am
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

3.4 volts Shocked a batterie is flat at about 9 volts so it surly must be a direct short to get it that low. 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #51315 22nd Feb 2011 9:51am
HJD

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

You might be right about the problem happening when the car remains unlocked (like when you are sitting in your new toy on the driveway trying outball the new gadgets Very Happy)

There are some threads on the site mentioning that as a possible cause as the electrics are all still on in the background drawing from the battery. MY2011 FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Vogue, Santorini Black and Ivory *Arrived*
MY08 Discovery 3, TDV6 HSE, Buckingham Blue and Ebony *Gone*
MY07 Defender 110, XS
MY05 Discovery 3, TDV6, SE, Java Black and Alpaca *GONE*
Audio A6 Allroad, *GONE*
Audi A4 Cabriolet 3.2, *GONE*
BMW Compact 316, *GONE*
Lotus Elise *GONE*

Post #51317 22nd Feb 2011 10:07am
Japseroony

England 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Not good reading this chaps, I pick my 2011 up on Tue and am already dreading faults Big Cry "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #51319 22nd Feb 2011 10:29am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

How come it isn't locking? My 2010 autolocks 30secs after unlocking if I don't open a door.
Next question - are you dropping it to access height whenever you park it at night - leaving it at normal height leaves all the electronics in standby mode, alert and ready to go because the car "thinks" you are coming back in 10-15 minutes. If you lower the suspension to access height and that tells the car to go to "sleep" mode 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #51323 22nd Feb 2011 10:39am
jez000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

Mine was locked and in access hight, I had to use the blade key to open the door to get to the hood.
I didnt know access hight put it to sleep, worth knowing, I just put in in access hight to make it easier to get out and minimise the damage to the seat base. 2021 P400 Silicon Silver AB
Gone 2011 Bournville TDV8 VSE
Gone 2008 Black Canadian HSE LUX

Post #51328 22nd Feb 2011 11:06am
Tomw2000

2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
How come it isn't locking? My 2010 autolocks 30secs after unlocking if I don't open a door.
Next question - are you dropping it to access height whenever you park it at night - leaving it at normal height leaves all the electronics in standby mode, alert and ready to go because the car "thinks" you are coming back in 10-15 minutes. If you lower the suspension to access height and that tells the car to go to "sleep" mode

thanks for the headsup. If that's the case it's amazing new owners aren't told this.

Post #51329 22nd Feb 2011 11:11am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

jez, make sure you get a brand new battery and dont let them recharge the old one..if its gone down to 3 volts then it'll never charge up to full capacity... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #51330 22nd Feb 2011 11:31am
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

scarey wrote:
jez, make sure you get a brand new battery and dont let them recharge the old one..if its gone down to 3 volts then it'll never charge up to full capacity...

Totally agree have had same problem on 2010 TDv8 sport new battery and all the problems went away.

I do wonder how many crap batteries are being fitted to Land Rovers " TATA " buy cheap mentality who knows Far to many gone...

Post #51338 22nd Feb 2011 1:46pm
jez000

Just got off the phone with Farnell's who said there is a software update for the entertainment system, it wasn't going to sleep and causing the drain.
They will apply it tomorrow and check to see if the drain is gone.
If it's sucessfull I will get the details to pass on.

They report the battery doesn't need replacing which is a bit of a worry really for the long term. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. 2021 P400 Silicon Silver AB

Post #51384 22nd Feb 2011 6:34pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Tomw - I'm on my 4th air suspended LR (This is my 2nd FFRR and I've had 2 RRS's between the two FFRR's) it used to be in the owner's manual................. but also I was told by the dealer when I collected my 1st FFRR 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #51385 22nd Feb 2011 6:48pm
Lookers Park Royal

HJD wrote:
Given that LPR are one of the largest dealers, and hence will probably have sold quite a few MY11 4.4's, would be good to hear from James whether this is a systemic issue or more rogue. The evidence (albeit limited) from this forum would seem to be that there is something wrong in design terms.

Sorry, just spotted this thread Embarassed

First and foremost, apologies to jez000 as this particular vehicle was supplied by LPR. Not the sort of thing that you wish to happen so soon into ownership. Shocked

It is a shame that we are not closer to you, however Farnell are a big RR dealer so I am confident that they will be on the ball. If you need any assistance from LPR then please let Jeremy or myself know.

In response to HJD's question, it is fair to say that we have not had issues with later 10/11/11.5my vehicles. There is a well doccumented period soon after the 10my launch (late 2010) where a few customers were suffering from batteries running low/flat, however this was dealt with by a 'reassurance program' software update, and touch wood since then all is well.

It sounds like jez000 vehicle is one of the latest models with the touch-screen rear remote which may be causing the system to stay live whilst idle under certain circumstances.

Once again apologies, and hope that Farnell rectify the software promptly.

James Thumbs Up

Post #51386 22nd Feb 2011 6:50pm
jez000

Hi James, Jeremy has already been in contact Thumbs Up but thanks for the offer of help, I appreciate it.
Sounds possible that it's related to the new RSE / Remote, I should get some more details tomorrow. 2021 P400 Silicon Silver AB

Post #51390 22nd Feb 2011 7:00pm
RRCanuck

Canada 2010 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Santorini Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Next question - are you dropping it to access height whenever you park it at night - leaving it at normal height leaves all the electronics in standby mode, alert and ready to go because the car "thinks" you are coming back in 10-15 minutes. If you lower the suspension to access height and that tells the car to go to "sleep" mode

Not the case with my 05 Tim. It goes to sleep regardless of access height Question

mike.

Post #51486 23rd Feb 2011 6:42am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I always understood that the locking action sent the signals to the car to shut down, not the height. I bet half RR owners never use the access height (let alone go offroad - different rant)

When I had a flat battery the technician fooled the bonnet switch into thinking it was shut, then turned the ignition off and locked the car with the amp meter attached to the battery to assess the drain and length of drain. After 17 minutes it went to sleep as it should, and this was nothing to do with the suspension height.

I doubt LR could rely on the access height for this control as lots of owners don't drop the car. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #51489 23rd Feb 2011 9:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>