Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 18 <123 ... 91011 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Ever since owning my 1st L322, I wanted a set of Winbo sidesteps. From Thursday, I will be the proud owner of a set at last. This set is going on the Autobiography as the tubes on it are no good for anything other than looks, and I need a bit of practicality.

Not sure if my other half Is going to hit the roof or not. But I am hoping to fit them this weekend, along with the lorry horn and nudge bar as well as the turbo vacuum hose and the other jobs on the V8.

I will be selling my chrome side tubes on.

Click image to enlarge

Post #515266 14th May 2019 1:23am
green-oval-nut

Today proved a lot more productive than anticipated. Lorry horn now bolted in but not wired up, nudge bar holes cut & ready, wiring ready to go on the lorry horn and the compressor for it is yet to be bolted on as I had to sort the wiring out for it 1st.

Just got to work out how to safely connect the wiring kit to the battery, and buy a pole to cut down as anti crushing sleeves and play the waiting game for everything I ordered to arrive in the post.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #515357 14th May 2019 10:13pm
green-oval-nut

Quite Censored annoyed. The Winbo sidesteps I bought don't fit my Range Rover. The brackets are about 6 inches off. Going to attempt swapping the brackets around and see if that makes a difference tomorrow. But the lorry horn is fully installed and working, nudge bar which fought me all the way is now on, and that took me the entire day Shocked Rolling Eyes and I still didn't get the turbo vacuum hose on as my body gave up on me for the day. But have also got another problem, the bolts on the side with the air tank are breaking apart as they are totally rotten, and I cannot get to them. So can't even get my old side tube off on that side. So putting the other tube back on tomorrow.

Dead happy with the horn though and the nudge bar.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #515746 18th May 2019 7:58pm
green-oval-nut

After going fatty hunting for my neighbour, I have learnt that my power steering isn't right. It is very heavy compared to other TD6 Range Rovers that I have driven today. And also there is a noise in the engine bay that sounds like a loud sucking noise that wasn't present on any other TD6's that I drove. So I guess I have a lot of investigating to do this coming weekend. But got a lot of miles to cover this week.

Post #516253 23rd May 2019 12:46am
green-oval-nut

Thursday couldn't have gone any different to what was planned if it had tried. I actually set today aside to take a friend to court to support her, and when I arrived after an hour of driving, got told that the solicitors had gotten the case adjourned again. So told her to get her glad rags on, and we went out for the afternoon again, lunch at the beach which is exactly what I needed after the week so far, and then some byways. Now back to reality. Not sure what all of Friday is going to bring, but I think it may involve helping my neighbour collect his new toy, a Range Rover Laughing

Post #516378 24th May 2019 12:29am
ur20v

A Trap 

There is something wrong with your Range Rover in the last photo... The wheels are straight and looks like you managed to keep the FF on track and heading in the right direction, looks like your steering is bust as you now suspect 🤪

Post #516419 24th May 2019 2:25pm
green-oval-nut

Ha ha. Didn't have time to pose the car in positions that I wanted to try and get better pictures as one of the farm workers who was in a harvester that use the byway to access there land was waiting for me to get past him as he needed to block my route while hitching up a trailer to his machine, so had to rush the photo's then get going.

Post #516424 24th May 2019 2:50pm
green-oval-nut

Today didn't quite go to plan. Like an idiot, I didn't double or even triple check the hose that I needed to replace and consequently found out the hard way that the vacuum hose I bought isn't long enough Laughing So now got to order a much longer section of vacuum hose. But on the plus side, discovered where the sucking noise is coming from. The failed vacuum hose that goes right across the engine from the turbo air tank thing. So Tank is on limited duty until I get the new hose and fit it. Hoping to get on it next weekend.

Post #516705 27th May 2019 8:06pm
green-oval-nut

Had a hissing sound from the engine bay for a little while now, thought it was my completely knackered vacuum hoses. Wasn't feeling well enough on Saturday to do the job, especially in the 30 degree heat, so paid a mobile mechanic Laughing Best £30 in labour I spent. But the hissing sound was not cured, so on further investigation, it appears that a split has happened in my EGR cooler. But I still have 1 or 2 out standing vacuum hoses to replace, but the most awkward one has been done.

That will teach me for not fully blanking off the EGR system. That is now on the to do list though.

But Wednesday I am hoping to get the Winbo sidesteps modified and fitted. We shall see.

Did manage to get some more laning in at the end of last week though. But still mainly using the V8 until this one is ok again.

Click image to enlarge

Post #517334 3rd Jun 2019 5:49pm
green-oval-nut

Had to take my otherhalf to a meeting yesterday, so took the V8, then once we got home, I revealed that the sidetubes needed to come off of the TD6 ready for Wednesday Laughing If you have managed to follow my many ramblings, you will have seen that we attempted to get them off before and only managed the passenger side. This time, the metal mallet hammer and angry me came out, and with a few dents on the sidetube, can honestly say, I persuaded it to come off Rolling with laughter

So now 1 car is loaded with old and new tubes in the back ready to be made to fit after being lied to about them being for my car, and the V8 is going 1st to have the existing sidesteps welded on again. I know, seems lazy, but right now, money is being diverted into other important things like this TD6 as I need to get a few things sorted before the MOT comes up, then I will look at buying brand new side steps for the V8, or with any luck, get my hands on some more Winbos.

So hopefully this afternoon, at the very least, the sidesteps will have had the brackets modified to fit the L322, then I can add fitting them to the to do list.

In a few weeks time, I will also be investing in a complete EGR blanking kit as the EGR cooler is leaking exhaust gases now, and also will try and tick a few other things off the list as well.

(My other half undid the bolts on both sides and removed the passenger side, I got angry and knocked the drivers side to the floor Whistle Rolling with laughter )

Post #517478 5th Jun 2019 1:25am
green-oval-nut

Yesterday, I took both Range Rovers down to my Parents, 1 at a time, this one went last, the sidesteps will end up tearing open if welded, and the brackets will fit the L322 if the are moved, so have had to order M8 Rivet Nuts, and the tool to insert them, along with new bolts and an 11mm Drill bit. So for the minute, the side steps and tubes have been left at my parents until all the bits I need arrive and/or I have a good weather day that I am free to get Tank back down to them. But the Winbo steps are going on. Also confirmed that 1 of the injectors is giving up the ghost. So a really good friend of mine has sorted me out with an injector, Just got to get a copper washer to go on with it which will be sorted at some point next week. Also booked Tank in to get the suspension bush on the front replaced. Oh, and to top it off, Britpart did not uphold the promise that they made about the Lynx Evolution Diagnostics that run. I was promised in writing that I could continue to use my device without paying the £115 annual updates fee without the updates, I was happy to keep doing this and was fine for 6 months, then yesterday, I got a message up stating that I could no longer use the device without getting an update! I am furious. However, kindly my other half bought the update for me. So 12 more months of this device and that horrible company, then I plan on buying a GAP IID Bluetooth tool. I feel conned by Britpart.

Rant and Ramble over. Laughing

The other thing that happened, was my neighbour bought me a Range Rover mug which I love, as a thank you for helping him get his Range Rover and give advice on keeping it going. I know some people will think a mug is ridiculous, but in all honesty, I didn't expect anything as all my costs had been covered, and I enjoyed finding the dodgy sellers and helping him find an honest car.

Got 1 more long road trip coming up end of this week in Tank, then apart from going to the garage for a bush next week, he's on rest duty until I take him to another Clubs meet on the 23rd at an American Diner in Kent.

And trying to track down some headlight guard brackets (Advert placed in the appropriate place) or measurements of the brackets so I can make up my own, so I can finally get the guards I have, painted and fitted.

Post #517618 6th Jun 2019 4:44pm
green-oval-nut

A lot has happened in the space of just a week.

Thursday at a cost of £210, my front passenger ball joint and suspension arm were replaced. What a hell of a difference that has made to the drive.

Then Friday, one of my dogs went in to the vets for a pre op about seeing if they can remove her cancerous tumour, thinking it would be like last time, a lump that needed removing, but the vets believe that the cancer has spread, but won't know until Wednesday how far it has spread and if she can be operated on. So today, we took the dogs out for the day, my partner walked them for a few miles while I went off playing down the byways between West Firle & Alfriston, this was as it may be our last chance to do this with our old girl. Really hoping they can operate and remove all the cancer and that it hasn't spread.

Like with the V8, got this motor plastered top to bottom in dirt, then went and visited my parents and parked the dirty beast in front of my step dads polished pride & joy BMW 5 series on the drive Rolling with laughter
This visit again was just in case the worst happens on Wednesday and to allow my Mum some time with our dog as she is attached to her too.

Stopped at the jet wash on the way home, the car looked great after it had been washed. Until it dried Rolling Eyes Shocked It needs washing again. But by this point, we were both knackered from the day out and just wanted to get home and put our feet up.

Thanks to being scammed (not through this club) and the vet bills being estimated at £1200, both fatties are now going to have to be neglected a bit for around 2 months, unless I can get a few bits sold.

Post #518707 17th Jun 2019 2:05am
RobWheatley

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Great thread, good to see you getting all the bits sorted out.
Would love to know where all the byways and beach tracks you go to are, I'm not far from you and quite fancy taking the OH for a beach side picnic one weekend, well you have to take them off road don't you, that is the whole point in having a fatty. Very Happy
Getting the Fatty after the Jeep I have to say Im loving mine and have a list of things I want to do to her (she is called Roxy) 2010 L322 3.6 TDV8 Vogue Stornaway Grey

Post #519055 19th Jun 2019 11:35pm
green-oval-nut

Nice to see another member in Kent.

The beach photo's are on Sheerness beach, Byways I mostly use in Kent are between Hamstreet and New Romney. A lot of them are too narrow for our fatties, so don't go down many, and the other byways which is where you see me being a kid in puddles is between Lewes and Alfriston in East Sussex.

I also run another club through Facebook, and we are having a meet at the Hot Rod Diner in Gravesend starting at 11am this coming Sunday (23rd June). You are welcome to join us.

Post #519058 20th Jun 2019 1:02am
RobWheatley

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Will see if I can pop along to it, is it all 4x4's, LR or Fatty's? 2010 L322 3.6 TDV8 Vogue Stornaway Grey

Post #519132 20th Jun 2019 6:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 18 <123 ... 91011 ... 161718>