Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 18 <123 ... 121314 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
Swipe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

I had exactly the same problem when I changed my hoses to silicone ones, had to replace the jubilee clips for new ones also.
I still have a bit dump valve sound when I take my foot of the accelerator. Need to check the small hose going onto the top of the turbo and probably replace the jubilee clips while i’m at it.
Seem to have had more problems with the silicone than the original rubber ones.
I also keep this the car which has helped me out loads.

Click image to enlarge
 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #525898 23rd Aug 2019 2:16am
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

It was the top hose of the turbo 😂
But when I fitted the silicone hoses I had put brand new jubilee clips on all round, just sadly this one was faulty. And I usually take a small emergency tool set that I put together with me, but because I had been working on my neighbours car, the tools were taken out 😂

The dump valve noise you describe is normal from what I can tell, I test drove loads of Range Rovers when my neighbour was looking for one, and every TD6 I drove made the same noise when you take your foot off the accelerator pedal. But for me, the hoses have been a fantastic upgrade, just wish I had used better quality jubilee clips.

Post #525899 23rd Aug 2019 2:35am
Swipe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

Gonna check top hose on turbo when I get a chance (wife +3 small kids willing).
Think it sounds louder than before but maybe just me.
I like reading your post as some of them the things you’ve done I think about doing to mine.
Got a small issue with my head unit, was all working fine until I installed a reverse camera by plugging into the tv tuner.
Sound works, camera screen shows what’s behind once in reverse.
But won’t show information on the screen once out of reverse, just blank screen.
I’ve plugged the sat nav into tv tuner and can get info like mpg, speed.
Thought the tv tuner had gone but bought another one but no joy, still the same.
Doesn’t really bother me as I rest my phone on the dash covering up the screen anyway, just annoying it doesn’t work.
Hope you get Oscar back and sorted! 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #525903 23rd Aug 2019 7:08am
wayneg

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Not the best idea to use jubilee clamps on silicone hoses as over time they tend to cut into the hose. Better to use T clamps

2007 TDV8 VSE
2003 TD6 gone.
2002 P38a gone
1999 P38a gone
1997 p38a gone
1993 VSE gone
1992 VSE gone
1966 Series 2a with V8 conversion gone

Post #525915 23rd Aug 2019 10:28am
green-oval-nut

That looks like a different type of jubilee clip to me Rolling with laughter But cheers. Didn't realise they had a different name, I will invest in some next month. In the middle of minor jobs on the Range Rover, Trailer, House, Garden & Workshop today Rolling with laughter Just taken 5 minutes to breathe before I get back to it.

Post #526002 24th Aug 2019 12:40pm
green-oval-nut

Saturday was supposed to be a day of tinkering with projects and getting my sidestep refitted and the new LED's wired up. But that didn't happen. An opportunity to save a ton of money on temporary flooring for my temporary workshop came up and I had to grab it. I already bought unused floor vinyl tiles, but the floor of the workshop being cheap Censored wood is soft and flexible, so decided to get my hands on some pallets, and upcycle the wood on them into a 2nd layer of flooring for a bit more reinforcement. So Tank and Frankensteine went on a road trip to Sussex. Like a muppet, I forgot my ratchet straps, but luckily had bungee cords and rope with me, but that meant a much slower journey home that if I had used ratchet straps. Loaded 10 pallets from a place in the middle of the back and beyond of nowhere in Sussex and brought them home. Annoyingly all the free pallets were gone near me, and the rest that were available were over priced. So paid £1 each Laughing

Although I got side tracked, Sunday will be the day I get more jobs done on the Range Rover. Saturday I had to re-fit the rear camera bracket as even with Gorilla double sided tape, it wouldn't stay in place. So just super glued the bracket in place.

Sunday I want to get both side light units off to replace the bulbs, re-fit the drivers sidestep and wire up the LED's on it, and hopefully if that doesn't suck up the whole day, then I would like to get the other side step off, and get the LED's fitted to that, as Wednesday I will be taking Tank and Frankensteine down to the coast to my Parents, as the passenger sidestep brackets need more adjustment and the trailer needs some new tie down points welded on.

Post #526041 25th Aug 2019 12:49am
green-oval-nut

Finally got back to a bit more of the nitty gritty mods that take a lot of time to do when you are just figuring out for the first time where everything needs to go. Hoping this has not been done by anyone else before me. But the drivers side winbo side step now has puddle lights and indicators. Also finally got the drivers side sidelight off which was not coming off without breaking something, which unfortunately ended up being the headlights retaining bracket for the sidelight. Gorilla glue has been used to put it back on, but have also dug out a spare headlight in case I need to fit that instead. The drivers side indicator lens fell off as well, so that had to be glued, Not impressed with that to be honest as I bought it from a well known modified and upgrade parts supplier 15 months ago, so out of warranty Rolling Eyes Laughing

The drivers side step needs a plate put in as a spacer to straighten it up, but love the final product.

The passenger side step is off now, as I have 48 hours to get it drilled and wired up as I am heading down to my Mum's for the day this week to get the brackets corrected on the passenger side. But won't be wired up until the coming weekend.

I also finally got around to re-attaching the clip on the drivers lower wing panel so I could secure the panel properly again.

Wish I hadn't run out of energy or pain threshold, or I would have kept going.

Here are the pictures.

Click image to enlarge

Post #526115 25th Aug 2019 10:17pm
green-oval-nut

Had a long afternoon, the headlight and sidelight repair went well, stronger than before, So I figured as the sidelight units were finally off, I would install the light guard brackets, the ones that attach to the wings were nice and fairly simple, But, ran into problems when it came to attaching the brackets to the grill, that was a whole different ball game, the PowerfulUK grills don't allow for the light guard brackets, so had to engineer and combine a factory original grill with the aftermarket grill, I messed up a couple of measurements, so the holes that you would normally drill was not even close to where it needed to be after I had bonded it to the aftermarket grill. I ended up drilling out the holes right up to within 1mm of the grills plastic going through, so close in fact, that the bolts couldn't be used, so had to bond the bolts to the grill. Now waiting for that to set.
But while the grill was off of the car, I ended up having to go out and collect another ebay impulse win Laughing So had to bolt on my cut up grill which was painted in primer ready for a project that won't be going ahead now Rolling Eyes Laughing

This little outing totally messed up the time I had aside for working on the car, so only managed to get the holes drilled in the passenger side step ready for the wiring and LED's to go on tomorrow. But won't be fully wired to the car until the weekend, as this week is now set to be non stop for me. Wednesday I will be taking the car to my parents to sort out the bracket for the passenger side sidestep, as it is way off, and also to build a spacer bracket to straighten the drivers sidestep as it is sitting at a bit of an angle, in addition to hopefully adding some tie down points to the trailer.

Also LED sidelight bulbs fitted on the front.

Click image to enlarge

Post #526196 26th Aug 2019 10:50pm
green-oval-nut

Another day of mostly working on Tank. The modified grill was finished, But I overlooked something, the light guards are designed to slot into the grills gaps on the factory grill, so I dug the Dremel out and cut the tabs off. After a little fettling, the light guards went on. So glad to get the temporary grill off. Wish I had fitted the light guards sooner. I love the look.

Picture heavy post again Rolling with laughter

Now got a couple of jobs to do for the trailer ready for tomorrow, then between 3.30 and 4 when the sun finally finishes moving to the front of the house, I can go in the back garden and get on with wiring the side step up. I have a bad feeling I may run out of time today, hoping I don't, so might end up doing some of the wiring in the morning.

Now off to repair the light board so I can tow legally tomorrow Shocked Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #526241 27th Aug 2019 2:46pm
green-oval-nut

Got the trailer jobs sorted, so was able to get on with the sidestep, all wired up, bonded, now waiting for the tiger seal to dry. I was hoping to get the sidestep fitted ready for tomorrow for the measuring etc... but got too late and the tiger seal won't be fully set for a couple of days.

The brackets will be sorted tomorrow though. And the LED's won't be wired up until this weekend at the earliest sadly.

Still got to trim off the excess sealant too.

Post #526289 27th Aug 2019 9:14pm
green-oval-nut

Spent the day at my Mum's, used the workshop to make some tie down points for the trailer which including welding them on, took a while to do. Then got on with final adjustments to the passenger sidestep brackets. Glad to finally say that they are now done, as far as the engineering side of things go, just got to get them primed and painted before they can be fitted to the car. Also need to put 1 or 2 new rivnuts in as the ones on the side step that I put in have already failed, as I bought cheap Censored But have not got better quality rivnuts to go in.

The weather wasn't good either which made things more interesting, luckily I took my pop up gazebo.

The sidestep will hopefully be fitted and wired up on Saturday or Sunday this coming weekend.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #526403 29th Aug 2019 12:11am
green-oval-nut

Picked off a few more jobs on Tank on Sunday.

Started by fitting the passenger sidestep and wiring it up. So now have a total of 14 indicators on Tank Laughing and 10 external puddle lights Laughing

I think Tank is starting to resemble a UFO Rolling with laughter
But I am extremely pleased with the outcome, and fully road legal.

Whilst doing the side step wiring for the passenger side, I notice that some moron (previous owner) had put the battery clamp in backwards, Yes, Backwards Rolling with laughter So corrected that while I was under the bonnet, I also shortened the very long wire for the horn.

I just need to get the drivers sidestep front bracket cut and re-welded at some point.

But now have to behave myself for a short period as it is insurance renewal time, which also means, just over a month to the MOT test. And I suspect that I have a couple of things that may need attention for the MOT. Borderline advisories.

Just need to give Tank a long overdue internal and external clean.

Post #526820 2nd Sep 2019 12:30pm
green-oval-nut

Well, I have been very very naughty. I am now the proud owner of 3 Range Rover L322's Rolling with laughter

This is going to be a brief addition to the family as it is only being bought to be parted out.

This 4.4 V8 is going to go to save mine and my neighbours Range Rover's and whatever parts we don't use, will be sold in the appropriate place, although as soon as a certain bunch of people caught wind of what I had done, I can honestly say, most of the parts have been ear marked Rolling with laughter

Got to pop down to the garage it is stored at to collect the service paperwork and the key. But Sunday it is coming back to my home town and going on my neighbours drive.

I feel bad for stripping it, but glad it will be going to keeping others on the road. But Tank got me to and from the garage in comfort to do the deal. Rolling with laughter

Don't laugh too hard when you see the parts car...…

Don't be mistaken if you see this on a certain site that it is still for sale, it is definitely sold, just the previous owner has been lazy and not removed it from the site yet.

Post #527003 4th Sep 2019 1:43am
verydisco

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tangiers Orange

Whoauhau! what's the deal with the bonnet's 'power vent'? Censored Big Cry l=Oo\________/oO=l l:OolΞΞΞΞΞΞΞloO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L SDV8 - 2013 - Indus Silver, on Almond.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
RANGE ROVER HSE 4.4L V8 - 2004 - one-of-one Overfinch
RANGE ROVER P38a 4.0L V8 - 1999 - ex-2000 TReK Event Vehicle: South Africa

Previous:
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - RANGE ROVER 3.6L TDV8 x3 - RANGE ROVER Td6 x1 - RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1

Post #527056 4th Sep 2019 5:05pm
green-oval-nut

Maybe the owner thought it would make it appear to go faster Rolling with laughter

They didn't even bother to cut holes for any venting Rolling with laughter but only 2 more sleeps and the beast comes home.

But on another note, I now refuse to go to central London after a certain Mayor has over complicated the charges, My V8 is ULEZ exempt due to disable tax, but currently not on the road due to the accident, my TD6 is Congestion exempt due to my blue badge, and I got confused and thought that my TD6 was also ULEZ exempt. So a simple trip to hospital for a follow up from my operation lead to an £80 fine Big Cry

So today, I told the hospital that I will not be returning to London and to discharge me immediately. This has meant I have lost the funding to complete my treatment, but Mayor Kahn can Censored himself. Unless it's for business and only on the outskirts of London, (spitting distance of the M25), I will never be visiting London again. The only solution to solving the emissions is to level the city! This has also lead to my organisation at my command to now stop it's free housing advice for any resident within the M25 zone as I refuse to travel into this zone.

Because of the investments I made, Oh and the C-Max Censored its driveshaft, and the extra fuel I have had to use (1k miles in 1 week), this fine has pushed me to my full limit financially.

Saturday I plan to blow off some steam, take the dogs down to the coast, and drive some byways.

Then Sunday is all go go go.

And as I was in a bad mood today, I also took my car to the car wash next to PK Motors today so I could stare the owner of PK motors in the face while waiting in a queue to get my car washed Laughing

Post #527275 6th Sep 2019 10:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 18 <123 ... 121314 ... 161718>