Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > 200k 04 Autobiography and 75k 65 VogueSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 11 <123 ... 678 91011>
Print this entire topic · 
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

Lovely looking car Thumbs Up

Every day is a good day when you drive a Range Rover Very Happy 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue - Gone
2010 RRS 5.0 Supercharged Navara Bronze - Gone
2008 RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black - Gone
2006 RRS 2.7 Diesel Rimini Red- Gone

Post #524944 15th Aug 2019 2:25pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Cracking car Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #524952 15th Aug 2019 3:42pm
nicksaab

2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Three amigos

Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE
2021 Ford Ranger Wildtrack
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt 5.0 V8
1993 Defender 90 200TDI Pickup

Gone - not forgotten
2016 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue SE
2012 L322 4.4 Westminster
2004 L322 4.4 V8 Autobiography LE
2000 P38 RR 4.0 HSE (ex Clarkson test car)

Post #527333 7th Sep 2019 5:56pm
DrF

Now thats a mighty impressive fleet Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #527338 7th Sep 2019 9:16pm
nicksaab

Been quiet on here, busy and nonstop with work but a quick update.

the 04 AB is now sat on 199.700m and still going strong. Its been used heavily on the farm towing bales and trailers around and my 11 yo son is confidently driving it around the fields too. Unfortunately its picked up a few dings along the way in the last few months as he learns dimensions. Its had a new battery and a couple of new tyres on the back and off for a service soon before its MOT.

the 65 Vogue SE has been fairly dormant since lockdown with just the occasional trips for groceries - certainly not clocking up the mileage that it would normally do - its still on the same tank of diesel since March which is unheard of for me!

It had some work done just prior to lockdown which allowed me to use a Discovery 5 courtesy car for a couple of weeks - I grew to quite like that but I couldn't get over the poor quality of the interior finish for such a high price. And the shape finally began to grow on me.
So what did it have done - new reverse camera, earthing fix for power steering heaviness on stop start, a new EGR cooler to solve a small coolant leak, its 80k service and handbrake shoes.

It had two new Pirelli Verde's in February after picking up a puncture one Friday night on the way home - those only had about 3mm on them so was a good point to change them anyway.

But what about the title Nick - there seems to be a third car there.........well spotted

My friendly salesman at (**well I'll tell you the dealership after I've completed the purchase next week ***) told me about a car coming in which i might be interested in.

A 2017 17 plate 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography with 40k on the clock. Fully loaded - here is the options spec list

- SVO Paint palet - Bosphorus Grey
- Active Locking Rear Diff
- Adaptive headlights
- Meridian Reference Sound
- Extended Leather
- Silver roof
- 22 Diamond Turned 7007 Turbines
- 24 way seat with upper articulation
- Rear Entertainment - 10.2 screens
- Large washer tank
- Solar attenuating windscreen
- Rear privacy glass
- Full Park Assist
- Leather and wood steering wheel

Cost to change was pretty good deal, especially now the VogueSE is on 80k so thats the next car. The Vogue SE is being traded back in.

The Bosphorus grey in the video looks amazing and the interior is the extended Tan with grand black veneer - wouldn't have specced that myself but it looks pretty good in two tone tan and black. Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE

Gone - not forgotten

Post #556459 4th Jun 2020 11:05am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

thats a very nice looking FF Nick, nice to hear from you.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #556461 4th Jun 2020 11:17am
Danwilderspin

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

I think it’s lovely however I don’t get the random colour roofs - it’s like the minis with the Union Jack 😂 but in all seriousness surely a black roof or colour coded room would continue the floating roof effect more . Current stable:
2006 BMW M6
2007 4.2 V8 S/C FF
Gone:
2002 4.4 V8 FF

Post #556464 4th Jun 2020 11:27am
nicksaab

Thanks Stan

Agreed Dan - I'm thinking I'm going to get the roof wrapped to body colour. The contrast roof (silver or black) is an option (cost on Vogue and Vogue SE, no cost AB and upwards) depending on the main body colour but like you I don't really see the point. Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE

Gone - not forgotten

Post #556465 4th Jun 2020 11:32am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i reckon the roof colour matches the lower silver stripe very well. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #556469 4th Jun 2020 11:40am
recordman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Looks lovely, but I too would have the roof changed to body colour.

If you get a chance, once you've taken delivery let us see some interior pics. I love a tan interior! 2017 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #556484 4th Jun 2020 12:47pm
nicksaab

Here we go - Tan in all its glory! I love it but I know it can be marmite!

They are changing the wood to grand black for me - not keen on the walnut Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE

Gone - not forgotten

Last edited by nicksaab on 4th Jun 2020 2:28pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #556489 4th Jun 2020 12:57pm
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

Not sure I'd be brave enough to spec the tan, but, that's a really nice looking car!

That Meridian Reference Audio was an expensive option. I bet it sounds epic!

I went with my sister to look at an Evoque Autobiography which she's ended up buying on Monday and started looking through the used car stock. It's given me the itch after seeing the new 10" screen with all the stuff on it. I really like the option to have the map on the LCD dash on the 17MY and later too.

Just trying to decide which model now! 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #556500 4th Jun 2020 1:45pm
recordman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

That tan is lush. If there had been one around when I was looking I would have jumped. 2017 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #556516 4th Jun 2020 4:01pm
DrF

Thats a proper looking car.

That colour combo is tricky to move on (I would have it in a heartbeat though, very swish in my opinion) so not surprised they will change the wood for you, watch out for squeaks and rattles after the wood change.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Also just beware you cant buy touch up sticks for SVO paint so might be worth getting front wrapped

Post #556526 4th Jun 2020 5:26pm
nicksaab

Just to update a bit - in the end the 2017 AB didn't happen - the dealer dragged their feet a bit. There is a little more to the story that I didn't reveal at the time as this car was actually offered to me as a replacement for the Vogue SE . The Vogue SE had spent 7 weeks in the service department between February and March prior to lockdown for a catalogue of issues to be sorted including coolant leak (EGR Cooler), water in cabin (windscreen), reversing camera failure, power steering failure (battery), rear tailgate soft close not working, bonnet alignment out of whack, damaged door trim from collection and as well as that I asked for an 80k service and some illuminated treadplates to be fitted (could have done it myself but as all the trim had to come out seemed easier to get them to do it especially as thats why I found the water under the carpet(see later on)

Anyway when the car was returned and the Disco 5 they lent me taken back I discovered that other than the camera nothing had actually been fixed fully. The car was returned the Friday before lockdown started which then meant I couldn't do anything about it for another 2 months.

This is how the car came back from its holiday in the service department - buckle up:-

1) New EGR cooler and turbo actuator, new coolant tank - but after driving 180 miles back from Droitwich the coolant low message was back and since mid March the car has done only 500 miles but has used 7 litres of coolant. Oil evident in coolant tank again

2) Water ingress - apparently the windscreen wasn't fitted properly (they claim a replacement fitted before I bought the car) so they put in a new windscreen. Now either that wasn't the fix or they didn't bother drying the car out (they assured me they did) but under the carpet its still wet and carpet is rotting (don't worry sir - we've dried the carpet and its in perfect condition). Unfortunately its not the missing coolant!

3) Reversing camera - they did fix this

4) Bonnet alignment - the bonnet wasn't shutting properly - they put a new catch on it - surprise surprise bonnet still doesn't shut properly although I fixed this myself by adjusting the alignment of the replaced catch but surely a trained LR technician tested this before signing off the job card?

5) Tailgate upper soft close - despite apparently spending a day in the bodyshop the tailgate still drops the last 3 inches with a slam. Soft close works because I can trick it by lowering it manually but the alignment is still off and marks on lower tailgate and D pillar which I asked to be rectified but they didn't do.

6) Power steering - the power steering is often heavy immediately after stop start - they couldn't recreate this but tested the battery and found it weak so replaced it. But before they did that I asked them to check Topix as the car had had a new battery (same one - the aux) 6 months earlier so I suggested there was a bigger problem with the electrics (possibly down to the water ingress) but they didn't bother to check that - just replaced the battery (at my expense) and signed off the job card as problem fixed despite not actually being able to recreate fault

7) Service - car was apparently serviced in week 1 of the 7 weeks the car was there. I didn't see any video despite there being listed on the invoice nor was the any additional actions required (!!!) but strangely Incontrol Apps didn't update the service until week 6. Invoiced for screenwash and adblue - both tanks empty when car returned but ticked off on the job card as filled. What else didn't they do? I think car was scheduled for service but because it was there for so long no one can remember if it was done or not so just ticked off the job sheet and charged me for it - thats what I think - I keep asking for the video inspection as proof service was done but its not forthcoming - so I suspect my suspicions.

8 ) Treadplates- funny thing - they told me they fitted them in week 1 - I asked whats the point - you have to take it all out again to take the carpets out to find the leak. Oh they said - good point. Week 5 - actually we did fit the treadplates but we didn't connect them as we couldn't find the connectors - so we'll take them out again if you want - but you'll have to pay for that time. It took a quick call to Landrover Technical to help them find the connecters (I made the call - not them!)

The sales team decided it was better for them to sell me a new car than fix it all again. I went along with it as I was getting a newer, better specced, lower mileage car at what I thought was going to be a great deal- but unfortunately at the end of the day the deal just wasn't good enough for me to justify the significant extra money - despite the sales team saying it was a great deal - it just really wasn't and they still expected me to pay for the negative equity on what is still a faulty car!

All was very amicable while the sales team thought they were just going to resolve the problem by selling another car but when the deal fell through I asked the Dealer Group's CEO to get involved asking if he thought the service departments actions were acceptable - at which point it got nasty as the Dealer Group's JLR Franchise Director phoned me up and got extremely irate, angry and rude with me on the phone effectively saying that I couldn't have expected them to fix everything as they had only had the car 7 weeks!!!!!!
He also said it was perfectly reasonable for me to bring the car back to them at my expense in time and fuel so they can have another go at fixing it as he wasn't prepared to arrange for the car to be collected.

So now the problem is with Landrover Finance and the JLR Chairmans Exec Office, but the dealer has asked to inspect the car again - I'm off up there on Monday - wish me luck.

On another happier note though I did buy myself a Defender and a P38 to do up as lockdown projects which are progressing nicely! Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE

Gone - not forgotten

Post #562479 24th Jul 2020 8:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 11 <123 ... 678 91011>