Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 18 <123 ... 15 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

I got called insane by a drunk guy at 12.20am Rolling with laughter I went outside as the oil residue was bugging the hell out of me still, so decided as it is drizzling and cold, to put a warm thick mix of fairy washing up liquid through a spray bottle all over the rear of the car, I have thoroughly soaked the back end in it and hoping that I can get away with leaving it over night. I plan on stopping at a jet wash somewhere and blasting the leftover off. And now I have Tank back, I will also be installing a few little bits that I have had since December waiting to go on.

Post #539788 8th Jan 2020 12:47am
green-oval-nut

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo great being back in Tank. 78 miles today. Loved every minute, including when an Audi A3 took me on, on the Lamberhurst Bypass, and my car exhaust dumped a ton of excess carbon build up and maybe a bit of left over oil that was in the exhaust still Rolling with laughter The Audi was white when it got to the side of me at first, but by the end of that short dual carriage way, it was actually grey and dirty Shocked Whistle Rolling with laughter

I think the electric fan is kicking in more than it should be too, as I thought it was only meant to come on with the air con on, I didn't even have the heating on. So wondering if my Viscous fan is packing up.

Also absolutely gobsmacked at how superb on fuel this motor is and how effortlessly it accelerates. Just got the damaged windscreen to deal with which is being replaced on Saturday. Then next week, I will be surprised if I cover under 1000 miles Rolling Eyes I am having to give Oscar a break as I think the alternator has decided it is time to start dying. Something isn't right with Oscar anyway as it now comes up with EEKOM on the dash screen. I don't have time to investigate that too much, but that started appearing after the passenger headlight wiper motor died.

Anyway, back to Tank, amongst earning its keep while Mona the Merc is sick, I stopped at the beach.

I ran out of time and energy to fit the fog light trims though, and didn't have time to jet wash it today. So might do that tomorrow.

Post #539883 8th Jan 2020 10:57pm
green-oval-nut

Yesterday was a bust in every way possible, wasn't feeling well, it poured down with rain, and I had no motivation to force myself to go outside, get wet and work on the Range Rover's. Friday is forecasted as dry, so double the work load to do. And to top it off, my Gran who I have only seen once in around 10 years (Spiteful woman) Keep my distance for a reason Laughing
Has made a special request that I am to pick her up and take her and my mother to her favourite pub Shocked for her birthday and I am to bring the black Range Rover (That I had no idea she knew about Shocked ) as she wants to go in style Rolling with laughter because she wants to have a talk with me Shocked And this has lead to my mother demanding that I fully valet Tank and fix everything that I can including the door handle issue before next Saturday. Sorry, but doubt that will happen, I don't mind cleaning it fully as it is overdue some love anyway, but the door will only get sorted if I get time Laughing

Can you tell that I can't sleep yet Rolling with laughter

Finishing writing the to do lists for Friday day time. Both Tank & Oscar are getting attention. My Gran may just have to put up with Oscar if he hasn't broken down before then Whistle Laughing

Post #540010 10th Jan 2020 12:59am
green-oval-nut

Tank finally has a new windscreen and new scuttle panel and the A pillar trims all replaced as part of my new windscreen. The fog light trims are now on and I like them, as I am going down to just 1 Range Rover, the stormer wheels are going to be transferred over from the V8, so the V8 will end up with the wheels it had on from Laughing

The rear light guards are also coming off of Oscar and going on to Tank.

I will also be fitting chrome mirror covers soon as well. I won't be putting anymore Chrome on though.

I am definitely holding onto Tank longer though. Just Oscar is up for sale.

As soon as Oscar is sold, I will be fitting bigger tyres to the Stormer wheels as the profile that is on them now is not suitable in my opinion.

Post #540241 11th Jan 2020 7:36pm
kds2

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

New screen, new wiper blades. the old blades will scratch the new screen straight away.

Post #540277 12th Jan 2020 12:33am
green-oval-nut

Screen didn't get scratched by wiper blades, however I noticed yesterday that there were 2 long straight scratches from installation or storage. So I am requesting that they sort that out as one long external scratch which is dead straight and between half a foot and a foot long is right at my eye level and it drove me nuts for the 125 miles I drove.

Had an interesting day on Sunday to say the least. All I can say is, I am never taking a loaded trailer any distance without payment up front! I sold a Range Rover Sport bumper several weeks ago on Ebay. The buyer kept messing me around and not showing up, eventually he asked me if I would deliver it to him in Berkshire for the cost of my fuel. I thought, Sure, why not, day out and my fuel is covered. Got as far as near Heathrow airport (over an hours drive!) Had to sort a flat tyre issue out. So messaged the guy to say I was going to be about an hour late, only to receive a message to say, Sorry, cancel the sale, I sold the car Shocked Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored I went bazerk! Especially as I couldn't afford this journey in the first place! So dropped the trailer home, raided the pennies jar (NOT KIDDING), and took my dog out for a walk at Ashdown forest with my partner. Anyway, now the shocking part comes, for me at least anyway Laughing We worked out the MPG for the 127 mile journey. 133.9p per litre for diesel, I used 15.5 litres for 127 miles. That is over 37mpg Shocked This was mixed driving, some motorway, a lot of city driving as I went into London, so plenty of stop start, most of it with a loaded trailer, and my car full of equipment, the dog and my partner and I then some B roads. Absolutely amazed at the difference having the Turbo replaced has made.

I was getting about 19mpg when the Turbo was just about to give up the ghost.

I hate time wasters anyway. A serious lack of common decency or courtesy in this case. It makes me wonder what he would have done, had I gotten all the way to his house!

But this buyer annoyed me soo much, and I wouldn't normally do this, but I told him I am taking him to small claims for £45 Laughing He has stated that he is willing to cover the cost of my fuel. I have yet to receive payment Rolling Eyes And if I don't receive payment to at least cover my fuel, I am going to make this a very expensive lesson in common courtesy that he has ever had Rolling with laughter

Back to Tank. Sadly with all the good that is finally happening, A brand new fault has happened. The viscous fan is DEAD Big Cry

So I guess that is next on my list when I track down a cheap one. Gutted that the TDV6 and V8 viscous fans don't fit, as I have 1 of each of those for sale Rolling with laughter

Monday is the start of a new week. Got a lot to do this week, which will include bringing the campervan back.

Post #540385 13th Jan 2020 2:18am
green-oval-nut

Got my fuel money out of the guy who wasted my time Very Happy But the Viscous fan coupling has died on Tank. Now I have to get a 2nd hand unit and fit it in this rubbish weather Big Cry Also, turns out that Autoglass fitted a faulty and damaged windscreen so that is being done on the 24th.

Post #540798 16th Jan 2020 5:58pm
Swipe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

I have removed my viscous fan On my 2004 Td6 It’s been off close to a year, actually noticed the car had a bit more power with it removed (It could a placebo effect).
Haven’t had any cooling problems with it off either, I’d just remove it if I was you and see how it goes. 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #540859 17th Jan 2020 9:21am
green-oval-nut

I have been using it as it is including towing my light trailer, but I wouldn't trust it to tow up to 3.5 tons without a working viscous fan. I have someone who says that they are buying one of the budge bars next week, so will use some of that money to buy a used one if the sale happens.

Post #540947 17th Jan 2020 9:55pm
Swipe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

I’ve still got my viscous fan sitting in my garage if you want it. 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #540961 18th Jan 2020 7:41am
green-oval-nut

Tank to the rescue Laughing

Poor couple had broken down on a dual carriage way and the RAC left them stranded for over 6 hours. Found them on my way home. I couldn't just leave them so did what little I could, but thankfully the RAC sent out a contractor, 1 my cars have had piggy backs on Laughing and off they went home. Made 2 new friends, but shame it was under those circumstances.

Anyhow, finally made it home after a very long day. And despite having a dead viscous fan, Tank didn't miss a beat.

Post #541249 20th Jan 2020 11:50pm
green-oval-nut

Finally got my used replacement viscous fan. I stopped using Tank for a while, while I was getting the money together to buy the fan as I also had to buy 2 viscous fan spanners after my other half decided to put the ones I already had in a very safe place, you know those safe places that even you don't know where they are! Shocked Laughing But £21 roughly for 2 viscous spanners from Halfords with my Trade discount and £30 for the fan later, now only the bad weather is holding me back. Not that I need either Range Rover at the moment as I am using the campervan as my daily driver.

Post #542018 27th Jan 2020 2:43am
green-oval-nut

I managed to get a day in of tinkering with the cars. 2nd car was Tank. I finally got around to changing the viscous fan, but with limited access, I may have got a little too aggressive with the shroud Whistle Rolling with laughter Now it is in many pieces. So I have got to either buy a new one, or repair the original one. And thinking about modifying it so it can actually be removed easily without taking the fan off, if that is possible.

But the engine seems happier with the replacement viscous fan on.

Took the car for a long test drive as I had to do some training with both my dog and my friends dog, but unfortunately my day got cut short as my poor furbaby had an epileptic fit in the middle of the field we were in and I had to get him home.

Spent the rest of today nursing my dog.

Post #542825 2nd Feb 2020 11:59pm
green-oval-nut

My first day of very long hours on the road in Tank. 7 hours of driving and it didn't miss a beat. Loving my Range Rover more each time I drive it. This trip was meant to be in my ML which are supposedly more reliable, I beg to differ. It is currently barely driveable. Ok to nip around town, but not good on the motorway as it holds back on power thanks to a few combined issues.

Post #543798 13th Feb 2020 12:02pm
green-oval-nut

Went on a sort of romantic weekend away taking Tank and the campervan (Betty). Went to the Isle of Sheppey. Location chosen for location in case we didn't get on with sleeping in the campervan and needed to go home (first ever night in it), and price of the site. So once we got the campervan set up, we went off and explored the Island. Apart from what the locals have done to it (Trashed it with scrap fly tipped at every angle you see), the place does have some beauty spots. Tank didn't miss a beat, took us about 3 hours to tour the entire Island including toilet stops, lunch, lots of photo stops and plenty of dog walking. Don't need to return Laughing

2 days left of getting stuff done before my operation, and I will be entrusting my other half to drive Tank again as he followed me to and from the campsite as he refused to drive the campervan Rolling with laughter

But on a more serious note, the air con fan switch has packed up so it had to be unplugged. And a few little jobs are needed to be done.

Post #545080 25th Feb 2020 1:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 16 of 18 <123 ... 15 161718>