Page 36 of 43 <123 ... 353637 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Happy for you to do that.

Post #557618 13th Jun 2020 11:00pm
green-oval-nut

I put Oscar into storage, was going to be gone for around 2 months to get him out of the way. But missed driving him too much, so went and collected him earlier today Laughing

Post #559564 29th Jun 2020 11:46pm
green-oval-nut

Back to this being my 1 and only Range Rover now as of today. So now waiting to here back about someone to come out and fit my starter motor, so that I can use it again. Bin men damaged it today, they were extremely horrified when they realised that I as the owner was in my other car waiting to park as it happened. So I hit the roof. Now in contact with the council as they have damaged both my car and the campervan. He was even more surprised when I pointed out the CCTV camera so have it ALL on camera including me hitting the roof with him.

Now on the hunt for ivory seats, and replacement door cards.

Post #563119 30th Jul 2020 5:57pm
green-oval-nut

Mixed feelings about the outcome of the case with the binmen. They have viewed the CCTV and admitted liability. However, they want me to take it to a very bad body shop! PK Motors Shocked Shocked Shocked so I have responded with HELL NO! Have told them to literally pick any body shop they want, but my car is never going back near PK's! So now waiting to hear from them about where to send the car. But on a real positive note, £114 lighter, and I now have a fully reconditioned starter motor which is as good as a brand new one ready to go on. The guy fitting the starter motor is now doing it on the 12th as i managed to get the ML finished and MOT'd a week earlier than planned. Just gutted that as quick as it is back on the road, it will be back off the road to have the rear bumper sorted. Also got new sidevents. So will be selling my old ones soon.

Post #563898 7th Aug 2020 10:29pm
Fox889

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

I have a funny feeling they can't 'tell you' where to take your car for repairs....but I stand to be corrected! 2012 Orkney Grey Westminster 4.4TDV8 with Ivory interior.........nice!
BMW R1200GS
Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Just one Montesa now, 349 White Wonder
Austin A40 Farina MK2
1975 Morris Marina 1.8TC

Post #563913 8th Aug 2020 9:00am
green-oval-nut

Finally, I can start celebrating, 2 months of it not starting at all, new fully refurbished starter motor which came off the one I broke and turned out to be faulty, cost me £114 to be made better than new Very Happy and £80 labour to have it fitted, and my beast is up and running again. Now back to being my daily driver as soon as I re-fit the drivers door card. That is tomorrow's job as long as it isn't raining. My D2 is a runaround but it needs gearbox and engine mounts. All ordered but not using it much until they are fitted. Oscar is due in tomorrow to a body shop with a good reputation about a mile from my house, not far from the dodgy bellends who damaged my car last time. Looking at a full bumper respray even if I need to pay some extra on top instead of just the scratch being filled in. Also ordered the button that is missing from my seat controls that adjusts the back support as the seat is stuck in a very uncomfortable position for me. But can't express how please I was to even just drive it 10 yards to turn it around and move it today Rolling with laughter I am missing my Autobiography a lot though, despite the fact the buyer managed to get a fine whilst driving the car on the day he bought it as he didn't drive straight back to France, he went north via the Dartford crossing, going north I hadn't removed the car off the account in time as I went straight to the bank with the money so it used some of my balance, but was off the account on the way back south and he didn't pay. But I have sent copies of the export forms and his address in France so the French company who own the crossing can chase him for the money Laughing

I am also having to suck it up and use paid mechanics for a lot of jobs at the moment as I have a kidney stone that is giving me grief and causing a hell of a lot of pain.

But still buzzing from getting to drive my V8 and hear the awesome exhaust on it.

Post #564396 12th Aug 2020 10:47pm
green-oval-nut

Has been great getting to use my V8 again as my daily driver. So today I decided it was time to refit the door card, and change the side vents. I loved the old vents when I fitted them, I now love the new vents Laughing

Post #564503 13th Aug 2020 5:53pm
Swipe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

Looking very nice 👍🏾 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #564775 16th Aug 2020 10:07pm
green-oval-nut

Had to call the AA out earlier today so I could use the repair cover, Alternator bearings finally got unbearably loud Laughing So Oscar is now sat at the garage ready for a new alternator to be fitted this week. Still having to chase the fleet manager from the local bin men as they have they have the estimate, just not approved it yet, and I want to get that booked in ASAP after the alternator is done, so I can get back to using it as my daily driver as I am now back in the ML as it is an Auto and I have torn the muscle in my ankle, so driving my manual Discovery is not easy. Hopefully be a maximum of 2 weeks before I can use the V8 as my daily again.

Post #565303 23rd Aug 2020 9:45pm
green-oval-nut

Despite the bill, I love my V8. It went into the garage to have the alternator sorted. Alternator is sorted, I told the garage that I also had an annoying coolant loss problem BUT no coolant hits the floor Shocked and I was losing an expansion bottles worth every 150-200 miles depending on how it was driven. So with the radiator cowling removed and viscous fan out as the alternator was out, the garage owner showed me a pink mess Laughing The thermostat housing for the gearbox was leaking and pink Shocked and not only that but the top radiator hose that I paid RPM in Rye to replace which supposedly was having a brand new genuine Land Rover pipe fitted, actually CUT the damaged section of pipe off the top hose, and bodged on an incorrect size bit of pipe Censored Banging Head and the last thing they mentioned which I knew about was the heater valve. But the garage could only get a Britpart one for £140, so I said no to them doing that. They are replacing the top hose and the transmission thermostat, and I have ordered an ebay jobby heater valve for £36 and will fit it myself. But with the AA BRC excess for the alternator and coolant related parts being fitted, I have got a bill of just under £500 coming. But at least I know that is sorted now and I won't have anymore coolant loss problems hopefully for a while.

I have also started refurbishing the replacement sidestep for the drivers side. But it started raining and I ran out of paint Laughing

And I received a text from my local council to say that head office for the council have agreed and authorised the estimate that was given for the damage done by the bin men and that I can now book it in to the body shop asap. So that is next on my list.

Nearly got Oscar back for my daily driver.

Post #565706 27th Aug 2020 8:13pm
green-oval-nut

Very bad day! Got a call from the garage this morning, your car is ready Very Happy Started my journey up to Dartford. M25 was blocked north bound, ended up going on a very long detour to get to the garage, I had to swap my wheels over on the Discovery I have up there and was collecting my V8. Got out, 45 minutes and I covered less than quarter of a mile, and BONG, low coolant Shocked Censored So pulled over, low and behold, NO coolant! And you could see the puddle and stream onto the undertray at the bottom. So limped the car back to the garage, had a swear up and got out of there. Luckily my other half hadn't left me to just collect the car as planned, but stayed with me! So was able to get home. The car for the 2nd time collected has gone back with a fault! Now I have to try and get in contact with the bodyshop and apologise and rebook it.

So still without my V8.

Also found that there were 2 things causing that awful noise. Noisy alternator pulley and noisy air con compressor pulley. So air con has simply been disconnected for now.

Post #566318 4th Sep 2020 7:59pm
green-oval-nut

Finally, 3rd times the charm. Got it home Laughing

First thing I did was give Oscar an over due bath.

This is back to being my daily driver for a few days. Then it will be booked into the body shop again, to finally get the bumper painted.

Post #566742 9th Sep 2020 6:15pm
Paul thornton

United Kingdom 

I've lost track...is the Disco 3 yours as well?!

Post #566808 10th Sep 2020 7:03pm
green-oval-nut

I actually have 2 Discovery 3's as well as my V8 L322. Laughing

My blue one which went into storage today.

My Green one which will be my tow car once it has had the crossover pipe replaced and fixed towbar fitted.

The 3 together Whistle Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Post #566823 10th Sep 2020 9:56pm
Paul thornton

United Kingdom 

Plus an ML and a disco 2? Must admit, I really like the Disco 3's and they would be a perfect family car for us but that TDV6 scares me to death!

Post #566825 10th Sep 2020 10:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 36 of 43 <123 ... 353637 ... 414243>