4%
 4%  [7]
Total Votes: 148

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 26 <123 ... 111213 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
TexasOurTexas

United States 

Would love to hear your feedback if you're able to see one in the metal. I'm between BRG and Belgravia with my current last amendment date later this month (though it has already been pushed twice). My worry on Belgravia is that it looks grey in too many of these pictures and videos, whereas BRG is much richer in color.

Post #628603 13th Apr 2022 4:09pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

Will do TexasOurTexas (great name!).

Do keep in mind that it sounds like you have more sun than where I am (UK) so the colour could look dull for me and wonderful for you.

Here is a previous generation in British Racing Green in case helpful:

https://www.hgreglux.com/used-car/land-rov...?is_sold=1

Post #628609 13th Apr 2022 4:43pm
SSE

Norway 

I find choosing exterior colour to be the single most difficult decision when spec'ing the L460. I think it looks good in most colour combinations but unfortunately that doesn't make it any easier. I am currently torn between Carpathian, Belgravia and (Santorini) black, all with shadow pack. Not decided on interior either, whether caraway or black. To me, resale value is a factor in choice of colour (where I live, that typically means black/black) and if it weren't for that I would probably be more comfortable going with something slightly friskier...

Some good pictures of Belgravia (and other colours) in different light and situations in this article:
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-la...ive-review

Last edited by SSE on 20th Apr 2022 1:10pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #628612 13th Apr 2022 5:46pm
TexasOurTexas

United States 

Thanks, Freddy, I appreciate the compliment and the feedback. And I think the BRG looks great on that 405 you sent the link to, thank you.

SSE, those are great pictures of Belgravia where it looks stunning. I've done the conservative white and black thing with my 405s (admittedly love them), and I decided I was finally going green and tan for this one. Same atlas and wheels as on that Belgravia example. I was set on BRG until I started seeing these Belgravia pics come out. As we've all lamented, difficult to tell with the 460 without seeing it in the metal. Personally, I'm facing a weird combination of partial information: dealer has only BRG swatch, not Belgravia yet; have only seen pictures of the 460 Belgravia, none in BRG; and saw only one 460 in the metal so far, which was white.

Post #628620 13th Apr 2022 6:28pm
West London FFRR

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover HSE 2.0 PHEV Corris Grey

Freddy Bear wrote:
A bit hard to tell from the video as the colour grading looks off - think the car at the beginning is Sunset Gold Satin with shadow pack and black roof.

I'm new to this site but am finding everyone's posts simultaneously helpful and quite confusing -- helpful because everyone has a thoughtful perspective; confusing because there doesn't seem to be an enormous measure of agreement about what are the knock-out colour combinations for the new Range Rover.

For what it's worth, I had put a deposit down on an Eiger grey 440e HSE with Caraway interior (I'm just getting sick of serviceable but bland and boring black RR interiors). Then I saw Charente in the showroom of not one but three dealerships, in town and the country, and became suddenly ambivalent. JLR seem to be strongly pushing dealerships to spec their demonstrators/showroom cars in Charente. But up close and personal, the colour seems quite protean, looking different in different lights (including grey, brown and grey/purple); it also doesn't do any favours to the brilliant light set-up on the tailgate.

So I'm thinking of edging back to the Eiger ...

Do people think that sounds mad?

Post #628792 16th Apr 2022 4:12pm

United Kingdom 

No it doesn’t sound mad. You are just finding it difficult to choose like many others here. As you say the rear light detailing looks better with a lighter colour as do the gloss black lower mouldings and the window surrounds. The darker colours mean all these details blend in which detracts from the design. The problem is, for me, most of the lighter colours tend to look a little flat on the road in real light. The car desperately needs some mid to light colours with more depth but these don’t exist even if one chooses from the SVO options.

Post #628800 16th Apr 2022 6:36pm
|Height|

United Kingdom 

Agree. Chose sunset gold gloss after many hours on the configurator.

Post #628807 16th Apr 2022 8:26pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

100% agree 5.0 - JLR really need to sort this out and offer more paint choices than they are doing. I was told by Solihull that I could spec my own colour choice, at a cost of circa £15k!!! - I don't think so.

I went from Sunset Gold (seen on the First Edition), then decided against the satin paint due to the maintenance issues associated with it. So then switched my build to Batumi Gold, which was similar and metallic, so no satin paint maintenance issues.

Thinking I'd made my mind up, when seeing Belgrave Green with Caraway on a video, I then switched to that. Others on the forum later commented on it looking a bit grey (which at first i didn't quite see), until AndyS shared the link below he found for sale on Collecting Cars (which is another story!)

Having looked at the pictures on the link below, (in particular, images 30-33), it does look Censored grey in some lights!!

Just when I thought I was making progress!!

As 5.0 says, ideally they need to introduce more lighter colours to show off the shape of the car and make the tail lights become a feature.

AndyS's shock link here:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2022-r...obiography

Post #628808 16th Apr 2022 8:33pm
Crocs

Scotland 

Dare I say that all the indecision/prevarication tells us more about the person than the colours? Very Happy

Post #628809 16th Apr 2022 8:41pm
aja500

Laughing Laughing Laughing Maybe.....

That said, it is a lot of money to spend and this will be the third time in two years that I've selected car paint colours and spec's without seeing the car in the metal first.

So far, the two cars I ordered didn't meet my expectations. So, rather worryingly, this is something I am already proven in not being very good at.

It's becoming a bit of a habit for me, and something of an expensive one at that. Both of my previous cars I ended up selling at a loss.

Although I don't think I'd suffer a loss on the L460, I don't want to have to go back to the back of the queue.

But going back to your original comment though crocs, yes, I have to say, that I am definitely indecisive..... Which is probably why I have a wife. Smile Smile

Post #628811 16th Apr 2022 9:00pm
Crocs

Scotland 

Exactly. Take all the stress out of it and just let her decide! That’s what I did!

Post #628813 16th Apr 2022 9:07pm
aja500

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #628814 16th Apr 2022 9:10pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

Yesterday I had a drive around to see if local dealers had any cars outside and found three.

First is Santorini Black with shadow pack and 22 inch gloss black wheels.

Second is Lantau Bronze. I thought this was Batumi Gold but the window sticker said Lantau Bronze. These wheels looked better in the metal than I imagined.

Finally here is Eiger Grey. I have seen two cars in this colour outside now and both times felt it was a lot lighter than I expected. A lot lighter than the old Corris for example - almost silver in the sunlight.

I will have a ring round on Tuesday to see if I can find a Belgravia Green car - in the meantime keen to hear your thoughts on the colours above.

Post #628849 17th Apr 2022 9:17am
Crocs

Scotland 

I like Lantau Bronze but I may be biased as that’s what I’ve ordered for June delivery.

Post #628859 17th Apr 2022 10:11am
West London FFRR

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover HSE 2.0 PHEV Corris Grey

Thanks 5.0!

Endless ambivalence and angst. What a pity the designers in Gaydon and the marketeers in Solihull didn't spend more time thinking about what lighter colours should show off the silhouette and, in particular, tailgate lighting system, to best effect ... and give customers a decent range of flattering options, without being crucified by costly upgrade pricing

West London FFRR wrote:
Freddy Bear wrote:
A bit hard to tell from the video as the colour grading looks off - think the car at the beginning is Sunset Gold Satin with shadow pack and black roof.

I'm new to this site but am finding everyone's posts simultaneously helpful and quite confusing -- helpful because everyone has a thoughtful perspective; confusing because there doesn't seem to be an enormous measure of agreement about what are the knock-out colour combinations for the new Range Rover.

For what it's worth, I had put a deposit down on an Eiger grey 440e HSE with Caraway interior (I'm just getting sick of serviceable but bland and boring black RR interiors). Then I saw Charente in the showroom of not one but three dealerships, in town and the country, and became suddenly ambivalent. JLR seem to be strongly pushing dealerships to spec their demonstrators/showroom cars in Charente. But up close and personal, the colour seems quite protean, looking different in different lights (including grey, brown and grey/purple); it also doesn't do any favours to the brilliant light set-up on the tailgate.

So I'm thinking of edging back to the Eiger ...

Do people think that sounds mad?

Post #628873 17th Apr 2022 12:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 26 <123 ... 111213 ... 242526>