Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Just in time for winter...remote climate retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Print this entire topic · 
pierre_l

Switzerland 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black
Works without buying the remote too!

Hi there,

Thank you for the great explanation.

I just went through the tool process and was able to turn the menu on. I am likely to get the remote but wanted to try as is first.

Post #644909 6th Oct 2022 1:09pm
marshallc

United States 2016 Range Rover HSE TDV6 Fuji White

This thread was fascinating to me being us based, so I had to take a peek at my 2016 3.0tdv6. The hvac valve block/under hood section is the same on the US spec diesel variants; has the Eberspacher logo on the side like the OP's photo; but the small fuel line feeding the heater is absent lol!

This has me wondering if I can retrofit this system.

Is the small rear mounted pump for the fuel fed heater visable from under the vehicle? https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/u...ture~1.JPG

Can anyone share photos of where the fuel line runs? Curious if the holders/ pigtail for the rear pump exist on the us spec vehicles and I am missing 2 pieces and a bit of coding.

Post #648207 16th Nov 2022 3:21am
Edgey808

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Firenze Red

knwatkins wrote:
I don't get a very good range on mine to be honest. It's fine for my needs, and will work between my hallway and car, but if I move into my kitchen, it doesn't reach. On my old L320, the range was crazy. I could have been in the middle of the supermarket and it would reach out to the car park.

Just completed this so easy, when you know how…….

Thank you very much knWatkins for this write up!, its absolute perfect………just need a cold day now to test Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #652179 31st Dec 2022 2:39pm
knwatkins

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

No problem. Glad you found it useful Thumbs Up Kev

2014 L405 RR Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 in Corris Grey
2010 L320 RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 in Stornoway Grey

Post #652359 2nd Jan 2023 6:50pm
Llovatt

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Causeway Grey

Thanks for this write up. I have added all the bits but I can’t find anyone who can code it! What is the cheapest coding tool I can buy to do it myself?

Post #656021 8th Feb 2023 11:12am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

rather than spend money on something you might only use once, give this chap a call..

Craig,

https://www.cam-tech-landrover.co.uk/ ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #656022 8th Feb 2023 11:18am
LukeSkywalker12

Germany 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Barolo Black

Hi @ ALL !

I'm Lukas from Germany and new to the RR world, I ‘ve been and am mainly driving Mercedes / AMGs for the last >20 years … but a customer of mine was owing me money and gave me a MY13 RR SDV8 Autobiography instead … for let’s say around 10k under what it would cost on the market … car has a few minor issues but I think I’m going to keep it and the 1st mod was to renew the housing of the main key (12 € from Amazon) + retrofitting the parking heater thanks to this superb instructions.

I got the GAP tool from a German reseller, the remote control (LR version was half the price of the RR version, so I went with the LR branded one) and the receiver I got from ebay UK …

B12A6 error came up so I also had to replace the Pierburg pump, that I’ve found at 1/4th of the OE price from an aftermarket reseller, now everything is working however if it’s really cold, due to the missing valve (error B12B2) the system is not as effective as if it came from factory, because the water circuit is always open towards the engine as well … but hey, at least the car is not completely cold any longer when parked outside.

I need to understand the feedback from the blinking LED on the remote better, as sometimes it seems not to work, maybe because of limited range … but the timer works fine.

Next will be some cosmetic mods, some technical little fixes … after that planning to retrofit the AAC and also maybe convert the car to 2018 FL parts … and probably newer / bigger infotainment screen.
Cheers from the famous Nuerburging Racetrack !

Click image to enlarge

Post #680207 13th Dec 2023 11:58am
Fifth Horseman

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Carpathian Grey

The LED indicator signals various states and conditions for the timed climate as follows:

- Illuminates green when the ON button is pressed and then quickly flashes green, to indicate that heater operation has been requested.
- Illuminates green followed by red when the OFF button is pressed, to indicate that the heater has been requested to shut down.
- Illuminates green and then quickly flashes red when either the ON or OFF button is pressed, to indicate that there is no communication with the receiver. This normally occurs if the vehicle is too far away.
- Illuminates green and then slowly flashes red when either the ON or OFF button is pressed, to indicate that there is an error.
- Flashes red when either the ON or OFF button is pressed, to indicate that the Timed climate remote battery needs replacing.

Post #680226 13th Dec 2023 2:42pm
LukeSkywalker12

Germany 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Barolo Black

Thanks, now I understand the remote control better !

Post #680321 14th Dec 2023 10:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567