Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > My 460
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Yesterday I did the Land Rover Experience in a 460.
As this is my 9th FF I am well aware how capable they are but the Pivi pro and cameras make control and positioning so easy.
Having someone who knows their way around the systems, knows which button to press in which way helps a great deal.
2 observations, as most of these cars only occasionally go off road the chances of a driver remembering how to play the computer game, pull the sword out of the stone so you can kill the troll and steal the gate key, is remote. Even if you can you still have to spend half a day scrolling through 27 screens to get it all set up.
The other observation is the most likely hazard is going to be wet grass or wet snow not ruts or steep broken brick covered banks.
I was truly impressed by the side angles the car copped with. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #654000 19th Jan 2023 10:15am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Having just had a week away in the 460 going to Champagne and having had the P530 autobiography for a few months now I thought those waiting might like some thoughts.
Trip was 1400 miles ish, car says average speed was 54mph and averaged 22.5 mpg. Tank testing was 19 worst and 21 best.
As I am privileged enough to have had 4 months with a D350 it is interesting to compare.
I chose the P530 as a last hurrah for big powerful petrol engines and it certainly does not disappoint. 4 hours driving almost entirely on payage with the cruise set at 146k was effortless and relaxed. The sound track as you exit a toll booth can only be described as aural sex, although it is louder than the D350 it is still so peaceful and serine.
Exiting Paris on the way down there were many miles of congestion that gave me chance to play with some of the driver aids, lane assist and adaptive cruise take some nerve but do make motorway queues less tedious.
I am still struggling to master the rear wheel steering when reversing, the fact that it makes a banana shaped turn rather than pivoting around the rear axle is a new skill but the incredible turning circle is so worth it.
I still shout at the Pivipro when I cant figure out the sequence of screens to go through to make it do what I want. I do not understand why all the commands are not from the full screen when you touch the four square dots. It has effectively 4 interfaces, several requiring use of different locations. For example resetting the trip, press O on left of steering wheel, scroll down to trip, scroll to desired A or B and select, then press end of left stalk to scroll through to trip millage and then press and hold to reset.
The handling is very different from the L405, the level of grip is definitely better but it feels softer and does not inspire me to push it, then again if I want that I took the wrong car. It certainly ate the miles.
Pulling away can be a bit of a lottery, the engine can be feisty and SWMBO gave me a few black looks for being unsubtle when it was not my intension, however there are a few French chavs who were completely demoralised.
Was it worth the wait, oh yes. Is it perfect, no but then I would not have an excuse to keep looking at cars. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #664152 15th May 2023 8:24am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i enjoy reading these ''user experiences''...thanks for that Thumbs Up

...and congrats on your 1000th post... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #664154 15th May 2023 9:03am
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

[quote=Square steering wheels drive me mad, I thought I was the only one. There was a time when the only car that had a square steering wheel was an Allegro....enough said.[/quote]

“Quartic” was I believe what BL called it way back then, a square with the corners rounded off.

I’m not lucky enough to own an L460 yet, but one issue I have with the steering wheel is all those little buttons crowded in between the spokes, the L405 buttons are much bigger and more intuitively placed.
Being of a certain age, I need glasses for reading, and always find it difficult to read the little symbols on buttons etc, it can be downright dangerous to find what you want on the move in an unfamiliar car, e.g. a rental.

A case of “change for changes sake” perhaps? Whistle “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #664158 15th May 2023 9:53am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Dixy wrote:

I chose the P530 as a last hurrah for big powerful petrol engines .

I am still struggling to master the rear wheel steering when reversing, the fact that it makes a banana shaped turn rather than pivoting around the rear axle is a new skill but the incredible turning circle is so worth it.

For example resetting the trip, press O on left of steering wheel, scroll down to trip, scroll to desired A or B and select, then press end of left stalk to scroll through to trip millage and then press and hold to reset.

Was it worth the wait, oh yes. Is it perfect, no but then I would not have an excuse to keep looking at cars.

Dixy

It’s not the last hurrah , You still have time for one more before they are banned in 2030

The rear camera with the yellow lines indicating the line up/ position is helpful in “getting the hang’ of the incredible 4 wheel steer

I have the trip resetting automatically option, & displayed instead of revs, along with other useless info such as mpg etc. However totally agree everything through the screen is tedious, subsequently tend to ignore some gadgets.

4 squares, you can swipe right/left and choose favourites. I like air quality. Have you found the filter/clean cabin air option

Love your last line…. Rolling with laughter

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #664161 15th May 2023 10:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345