Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Fitting my Naviplus / air play unit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 13 <123 ... 789 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I wouldn’t think the lvds messes with that. It is likely the aux port indeed.

Post #621277 24th Jan 2022 9:55pm
jjfang

United States 2012 Range Rover HSE 5.0 V8 Santorini Black

Your right, thank you! I also spoke with Naviplus they are saying its the NetPlay box or my aux connection. It doesn't sound like its wiring issue with the installation, my thought process is that if it were messing with the aux plug wouldn't affect it. Now the only thing I need to fix is that static still....

Post #621293 25th Jan 2022 2:02am
davethomas83

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Baltic Blue

Good evening all - just started my NaviPlus journey today ( 2012 tdv8 4.4 Single View Screen ) . . . Suffice to say not completely straight forward.

I’ve popped a couple of questions over to NaviPlus, but thought I would try and pull on the collective knowledge here.

So it’s all installed, however I have nothing on the display, the Range Rover logo doesn’t even appear. I am getting sound from the radio and physical buttons seem to work, and if I plug my phone in, my phone at least recognises CarPlay.

So the Navi boxes have power, whether or not they do anything with the screen I don’t know as I can’t see.

I did pull it all back to factory to make sure I hadn’t Censored the screen, and fortunately it was all good, so I’m thinking maybe pin settings / I’ve done something stupid, or something faulty ? Currently it’s set to 2, 3, 4, however that’s not how it came to me ( I actually set it to what’s in the manual )

Any words of wisdom from the Hive 🤔

Thanks

Last edited by davethomas83 on 11th Feb 2022 1:44pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #623076 9th Feb 2022 7:33pm
Bl4ckD0g

I don’t know the dip switch settings for a single view screen nor whether the dipswitch is the only difference.

If sound and everything is working but no display in Land Rover mode then I suspect the cables for the LVDS connection aren’t properly setup nor grounded in both places.

I would take a systematic approach and just disconnect parts of it and see what makes it come back alive.

It could also be a combination of the interception of triggering your phone down button and the screen output not connected properly. It uses the voltage signal difference when those buttons are pressed, so if there is another fault in your car it may be interpreted differently.

For example if I put my heating in full winter mode with maximum demist and both windscreen and rear window heaters on; it interferes with the interface signal and switches it off. As that only affect me for a minute or two during frozen mornings I can’t be bothered chasing the faulty signal in my car.

Post #623083 9th Feb 2022 7:53pm
davethomas83

Thanks Bl4ckD0g,

Will have to be Saturday now as I’m working away for the next couple of days - will have to resort to the old girl 2002 L322 instead for the next couple of days 😂 ( this one does have CarPlay in it )

Post #623086 9th Feb 2022 8:03pm
Bl4ckD0g

Good luck. My gut feel thinks it’s the ground as they skipped that part in the manual. And also if one isn’t used to print board connections it requires inserting those connectors with more force and depth than one can be comfortable with.

But for the rest all connectors can only go in one way and just click in place.

Good luck. If you were nearer to me I’d gladly lend a hand. I had to do mine several times due to wrong parts being delivered and can do it with my eyes shut now 🤣

Post #623094 9th Feb 2022 8:55pm
davethomas83

Thinking about it - have I been foolish I’m not disconnecting the battery ?

Worth disconnecting waiting then reconnecting ? Actually feel stupid I’ve not actually done that now

Thanks for the almost offer Bl4ckD0g 😂

Post #623096 9th Feb 2022 9:06pm
Bl4ckD0g

Oops yes, definitely disconnect. And wait 20 or so minutes before you do that. Blimey you are lucky getting the airbag out without taking the power off eeeeekkkk

It’s the thought that counts 🤣🤣 I am not planning a trip in your direction soon. Although Cafe and Machine gets me part there 🤣

Post #623104 9th Feb 2022 9:54pm
davethomas83

So, battery disconnect hasn’t helped ( although did clear the airbag warning light 😂 ).

Question, the first pcb bypass board that the new ribbon cable going into - is it ok to place this directly or the metal, or should I be putting something between it.

Only reason I mention as it clearly shows you should do this for the touch bypass board on the outside ( although doesn’t say you should ).

I’ve included some pics, incase anything obvious it not correct ( I’m more than sure the cables are plugged into the board, they aren’t going any further that’s for sure !!

Thanks all - if all looks ok, think I will have to go back to factory setup again and just make sure I can get the screen working

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #623245 11th Feb 2022 9:26am
Bl4ckD0g

Oh yours looks fairly different that my dual view system. I’ll take a look later today when I have access to a big screen.

On thing I notice is that your LVDS cable is not earthed to the print board. That was my first reaction if you look back to what you described the issue is.

Post #623249 11th Feb 2022 9:38am
Bl4ckD0g

Perhaps you disconnected it just at the time photo was taken but if not you have to fix that to the same board.

Post #623250 11th Feb 2022 9:39am
davethomas83

This is the ldvs cable, is that not how I should earth it ?

Click image to enlarge

I did something similar the other end of the cable with the box that plugs into - but the car is in the bad books at the moment ( although it later probably my fault ), so we’re on time out so haven’t got a picture of that bit

Post #623258 11th Feb 2022 10:14am
Bl4ckD0g

I earthed mine to the actual print board screw inside the enclosure. That is what naviplus told me.

Post #623261 11th Feb 2022 10:28am
davethomas83

Ahh ok - I’ll give that a good next then.

Thanks so much, you guys on this forum are life savers - I literally spent my afternoon yesterday whilst supposed to be working looking through the tdv8 4.4 oil leak wiki, once I get this all up and running that’s my next little job

Post #623262 11th Feb 2022 10:38am
Bl4ckD0g

Hmmmm I'm trying to look at the big screen, but yours is significantly different. Amazing for just dual vs single view.

As a comparison I've attached my image and indicated how I've attached mine. Yours could be good on the outside but it is hard to judge and you may need someone else with a single view screen. Sorry Sad

Post #623302 11th Feb 2022 5:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 13 <123 ... 789 ... 111213>