Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My new L322 Overfinch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Councillor

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

Cheers, I'm going to be thick and ask what are the EGRs and why would I blank them?

Post #592672 29th Apr 2021 1:10pm
Barmybrummie

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Thanks councillor, oh gosh i so wanted the supercharged but all the ones i looked at were battered and bruised and Just not well looked after at all and far too many owners on them. I wanted something that was right for me but still i love the tdv8. Yours looks amazing in white though never been a fan of white, probably would have bought it if i seen that one. Is it me or are you missing a side step on the passenger side? Didn't think a side step would fit with the Overfinch side skirts. I may just have to get me some of them me thinks. If i was you i would get the 6 piece wind deflectors from auto clover, i think they set the car off beautifully. Enjoy it, i certainly am.

Post #592673 29th Apr 2021 1:25pm
Barmybrummie

Councillor, you won't need to blank off the egr's your car doesn't have them, only diesels.

Post #592674 29th Apr 2021 1:29pm
Barmybrummie

Kgeddes it was only on eBay a few minutes after he posted it up and i got straight in there and left a deposit, i knew i had to have it lol. I will get the egr's blanked but i can't find a blanking kit for the 3.6, there's loads for the tdv6 so will just get it mapped out. Anyone familiar with quantum maps? Any pics of your Overfinch about on here?

Post #592675 29th Apr 2021 1:33pm
Councillor

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

Barmybrummie. Glad we sorted the egr problem. The side skirts do work on both sides, front door wasn't shut properly, as I rushed to take those pictures before old bill Censored me for parking on the heath. I have the original factory order sheet.
I'll look into the wind additions

Post #592679 29th Apr 2021 1:41pm
Barmybrummie

£35 from eBay the deflectors, they really do set the car off a treat. I've got the original build sheet with mine too though i didn't have the certificate from Overfinch. I did order one that cost me £50 but worth it and was lucky they still had it on their system. John on here with the Holland&Holland has some wealth of info on the Overfinch.
Need to get a price on the retracting side steps, think it will look nice. And watch out for the old bill lol.

Post #592680 29th Apr 2021 1:48pm
kgeddes

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

I’ve left you a link for blanking plates on your other post Thumbs Up

Here’s mine, same prefix to yours!

Post #592681 29th Apr 2021 1:48pm
Barmybrummie

Thanks, I'm going to order them now. Bit of luck they might be here by Saturday then i can fit them. Nice colour combo with the wheels, those are my favourite OF wheels. Though so happy with the ones on mine.

Post #592683 29th Apr 2021 1:54pm
kgeddes

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

You might have to have the EGR valves deleted...I had mine deleted but members say that’s not always necessary...I had mine remapped at the same time (Quantum) cost £250. Hope all goes well.

Here’s my previous 2010 Overfinch:

Post #592684 29th Apr 2021 2:07pm
John61

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

It’s great to see some fabulous Overfinches in lovely condition. Your 5.0 SC’s have got the same 0-60 as my wife’s Impreza STi Shocked Holland and Holland Range Rover By Overfinch

Post #592731 29th Apr 2021 11:12pm
Barmybrummie

I actually forgot to mention in my first post as to the reason why it took me a month to collect my car when I bought it which I did say I would explain.
I put the deposit down on the Saturday morning after to speaking to the seller with the understanding I would be collecting it the following Saturday morning when I got back from Germany. Anyway on the Friday the seller phoned me to tell me that manifold gasket on the left Bank sprung a leak and he was taking it to a local garage to get repaired. However the garage took one look at it and said no way he's touching that. Anyway the seller took it to an Indy in Bristol and relieving him of £350 for the investigation work, they then snapped 2 manifold bolts which is rather inevitable I would say. 1 week on and still no FF on my drive. Seems the Indy wasn't very interested in doing it, so with the sellers constant stream of calls to them they then hit him with the bad news, body got to come off to extract the snapped bolts. Ouch! Fair play to the seller, he kept in constant contact with me throughout keeping me updated. He couldn't apologise enough about this but these things happen. So eventually 3 weeks later the car is all ready for me to collect considering I was starting to worry that the seller might have got a better offer for it from someone else and was trying make me lose my patience with it. But no, the seller was absolutely genuine, he told me he did have higher offers but refused them as I'd already put a deposit down, can't get more genuine than that. He was a genuinely great guy, only 28 but he was always in constant contact with me throughout. So full of excitement, my boss takes me to Bristol to collect it and just fell in love with it the moment I saw it, I knew it was the one I had to have. Unfortunately for the seller the manifold job that he thought would be a little job cost him............£3500 to repair. I actually felt sorry for the poor guy, as genuine as he was he said it's one of those things and it's his loss. Not sure whether the tears in his eyes was from the cost or him selling it but he was absolutely gutted he sold it.
Just thought I would let you all know why it took so long for me to collect it.

Post #594104 13th May 2021 10:14am
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

good grief RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #594115 13th May 2021 11:29am
John61

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Just goes to show there are still decent people about, what a drama Holland and Holland Range Rover By Overfinch

Post #594159 13th May 2021 5:03pm
bluebottle

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Councillor wrote:
Cheers, I'm going to be thick and ask what are the EGRs and why would I blank them?

Not thick - Exhaust Gas Re-circulation (or is it recycling?) valves, basically put some of the exhaust gases back into the intake air for diesel engines. The idea being that adding those fumes to the combustion chamber will consume some of the soot and make the gas which actually leaves the back end of the car slightly cleaner...

Whilst it may well achieve this aim to please the legislators and pedestrians who breathe our exhaust gas, it does mean that you're adding crud to internal parts of the engine which is something you'd ideally avoid. Otherwise why bother having an air filter, right?

I think I read somewhere it is an MOT fail to have a car fitted with EGR where that system has been tampered with or removed. Of course it is not a problem if you have a petrol engine! 2012 L322 TDV8 Vogue SE: Buckingham Blue
2005 Defender TD5 110 XS: Cairns Blue - Gone but not forgotten

Post #594187 13th May 2021 11:33pm
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

As I understand it
the EGR allows some exhaust gasses to enter the inlet manifold.
These gasses are not cold, so that reduces efficiency of the combustion process.
These gasses also lack oxygen, which also reduces efficiency of the combustion process.
The result is the fuel doesn’t burn properly and a reduced temperature is achieved in the combustion chamber which in turn stops the process from producing a gas which is not desirable. (cant remember the name of the gas)
the engine is running at less than 100% efficiency so you are not getting the bang for your buck, as the saying goes RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #594194 14th May 2021 4:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>