Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > New 22MY FFRR due to be unveiled next week!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 46 <123 ... 141516 ... 444546>
Print this entire topic · 
Chalky

United Kingdom 

If the backend is really going to be like the pictures Autobiography posted, I won't be ordering one. I'll keep the 2021 car I bought in May. Why are they trying to make them all look the same like BMW? I just don't understand their thinking. Even my car is very like the rest from the front. The last car that was distinctive was the Disco 4 and the Defender is the only recent car, but that is aimed at a different market.

Elephant sitting on the back springs to mind, it's like the Evoque which makes it so claustrophobic inside.!! Big Cry All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #607512 27th Sep 2021 3:02pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

It isn’t like those renders, the LRO ones are closer (even from looking at the disguised cars).

Post #607514 27th Sep 2021 3:45pm
jez000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

So Iv'e just got an invite from my dealer for an exclusive viewing of ........ The new Bond movie Laughing Laughing

So near yet so far ! Laughing 2021 P400 Silicon Silver AB
Gone 2011 Bournville TDV8 VSE
Gone 2008 Black Canadian HSE LUX

Post #607563 28th Sep 2021 10:30am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

By this time next week some of us will know for sure, hope they have not messed up.
Is anyone going before Saturday. letters not necessarily in the right order

Last edited by Dixy on 3rd Oct 2021 1:49pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #608038 3rd Oct 2021 1:47pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

No, still no invite!!!

That said, I'm not overly concerned - I've been reliably informed that the worldwide launch will happen in the latter part of this month, so it seems everyone will see it within the next few weeks.

Still looking forward to hearing the thoughts and opinions of other FFRR members who are going to the preview though. I hope Land Rover haven't made it look too Velar, or cheapened the look

Post #608094 3rd Oct 2021 7:05pm
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

I got an invite from my dealer for the unveiling in Antibes, South of France, on November 4th.

Post #608128 3rd Oct 2021 9:30pm
ffrrman

United Kingdom 

I got the invite. Been told no phones will be allowed in so no photos! Can place an order for the First Edition on the day so will be assured an early car. Not sure if I want an early car though Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Post #608161 4th Oct 2021 10:58am
aja500

You'll have to let us know your thoughts on it ffrrman.

As for whether or not you should order a First Edition, it's a real tough one...... Everybody has a different opinion on new models, their new technology and most importantly, the dealership's ability to rectify these new previously unseen faults, once they begin to arise.

I have heard horror stories (which I don't doubt), whereby some FFRR members have had their previous new 2018 MY Range Rovers sat in the dealership for 3 of the first 12 months, waiting for a technology fix from Land Rover. Meanwhile, these same customers end up driving round in a loan car (Discovery Sport or similar), with many still making finance payments for a car they can't drive.

That said, I'm sure there have also been some customers who have had a new model and it's been completely trouble free. I'd say, if you have other cars to use, and you're not completely reliant on that one, then you can be less concerned.

For me personally, my biggest concern is deciding on spec, or worse still, it being limited at launch. It's great being the first to get a new model, if you're interested in what other people think, but it can come with its downsides.

As another member previously pointed out, there is often less choice on the new models / First Editions. While First Editions tend to be heavily spec'd, styling and engine choices may be somewhat limited. I also think it's nice to see quite a few cars in the flesh and on the road before you decide. This way, at least you can be sure you've made the right choices and been able to pick from the full range of options. Nothing worse than spending £100k+, then seeing another car later and thinking, "I wish I'd gone for that colour" or "those wheels" etc.

I've still got a current L405 on order, hopefully taking delivery mid-November. Despite the new model being imminent, I still won't be cancelling and switching. I'm not a huge fan of uncertainty, so I'm more than happy to accept what I've ordered, although I may also order a new one once I've seen it, if I really love it and it has all the options etc that I want.

Post #608203 4th Oct 2021 5:17pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

what happened with the 322-405 transition was the 4.4TDV8 and 5.0 petrol engine + ZF 8 speed were introduced in late model 322s. The 405 also had nearly the same satnav and things like the front seats (somebody tell me if I'm wrong), possibly more items carried over.

Then they periodically update the 405, as they did with the 322

I guess it reduces the variables when the new model hits - means new body and no doubt suspension, but loads of carry over tech + engineering.

So my guess is a lot of the feature / tech. / engineering from the 2018 update will carry over.

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #608205 4th Oct 2021 5:34pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Technology wise, my understanding is the L460 is most heavily based on the new Defender. Infotainment will be Pivi Pro and look similar to the F Pace in terms of dash layout.

Post #608270 5th Oct 2021 8:10am
aja500

If it's going to look like this, I won't be buying one...... I'm not a fan of this nonintegrated "slapped on the dash" i-pad.

Post #608379 5th Oct 2021 8:11pm
Autobiography

I’m not sure you’ll be buying then (sorry) Wink

Post #608386 5th Oct 2021 8:50pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Quote:
If it's going to look like this, I won't be buying one...... I'm not a fan of this nonintegrated "slapped on the dash" i-pad.

Let's hope the screen in the L460 is (much) better integrated than that! And let's hope that the PHEV version has decent battery capacity stored in the floor - then this L460 could be a winner!

Post #608387 5th Oct 2021 8:53pm
Autobiography

The screen is not integrated.

Post #608389 5th Oct 2021 8:58pm
aja500

I just find it really odd...... Many manufacturers seem to be doing this at the moment. To me it looks like a step backwards from something tidy and integrated.

I recently had an Audi on loan with a similar screen. Not only did it just appear odd and look like an afterthought, but you had to almost lean forward from your seat and be very precise and firm with what you pressed on the screen to get it to work, not easy when you're driving. That combined with this sort of swiping action you need to adopt to scroll through, didn't seem particularly intuitive.

That said, JLR's version maybe fantastic

Post #608397 5th Oct 2021 9:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 15 of 46 <123 ... 141516 ... 444546>