Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 2010 MY 3,6 TdV8 - remap
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I refuse to divulge my mileage in case I tempt fate! Whistle Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #223546 17th Nov 2013 7:51pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Thumbs Up Laughing Rolling with laughter

Post #223552 17th Nov 2013 8:39pm
JST

England 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

For those that have used Pete have any had it done on a 10MY or newer? it only lists upto 2009 on his site.

Post #273193 28th Jul 2014 8:07am
TheAllSeeingPie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Java Black

Cheap remaps generally rely on the fact that diesels run very lean and just dump fuel in and hope for the best. Good remaps add a little fuel, but also change other parameters like boost pressure, timing, egr etc.

Dumping more fuel in will guarantee power in a diesel, but will also create tons of smoke and a LOT of heat. This heat will Censored up turbo seals and attempt to boil your coolant and oil as well as warp things in the engine. So the cheap remap will almost always have the ability to make more power, however this will usually come in a great lump with a lot of engine damage.

A decent remap will be more balanced and make the car feel lighter and overtaking more effortless, and those not used to very fast cars (this isn't a dig btw) will also make the car feel a LOT faster.

It's worth noting that increasing power also increases engine stress, so having your car serviced with a full oil flush and change along with a coolant flush and change and relevant filters done before you have the map done can often reduce the impact of anything that happens during the adaption phase. If anything dodgy is found during the service, then it'll save you blowing your engine up when getting it mapped. That said the JE maps and Pete Bell maps often have at least 25k miles of road testing done before they release them to the general public and good tuners live and die by their reputation, and as far as I can see JE and Pete are both very very much alive and well at the moment. Thumbs Up

If anyone reading this wants their SC remapping take it to MSL in Birmingham and get a Eurocharged map on it. I don't know what voodoo they have done with the DENSO ecu, but it was far better than my previous map! 
07 Supercharged - Still breaking her in!

Boot soundproofing part 1 - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15612.html
Custom exhaust - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15296.html
18" wheels for Brembo equipped cars - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15052.html

Post #273229 28th Jul 2014 12:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12