4%
 4%  [7]
Total Votes: 144

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 19 of 26 <123 ... 181920 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
horse86

United States 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

The shape of thiss model does lend nicely to the satin/matter colors......I just wouldn't want to deal with the headache of maintaining that paint. 2014 FF Autobiography 5.0 SC
2008 FFRR (sold)
2008 BMW M5

Post #631192 10th May 2022 12:57pm
rags

United Kingdom 

Freddy Bear wrote:
Rags I completely understand your dilemma!

I have seen three of the four combinations you mention (the one I haven’t seen is Batumi with shadow pack). Agree that Charente is probably the safer choice, and I prefer that with the silver atlas and diamond cut alloys. Looks more majestic to my eye - which isn’t to say I don’t like the shadow pack - that Carpathian Grey car that Acklam had for sale looks beautiful!

Don’t forget you will likely have plenty of time time to refine your choices before your spec is locked down and so you will see more cars in pictures and on the road.

Thank you Freddy. I think I prefer the Batumi with Nickel Atlas pack and the diamond cut alloys. The silver of the Atlas pack really clashes with Batumi I feel. Agree with you totally on the Charente. Luckily I have managed to track down a dealer that is running both Batumi and Charente demo cars - so I can compare the two directly side by side. The dealer feels the lighter car is the way to go on this RR.

Post #631233 10th May 2022 8:25pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Duplicate post

Last edited by BigFiat on 14th May 2022 10:45am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #631535 13th May 2022 5:33pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Freddy Bear wrote:
Great finds 5.0!

Irrespective of how they got those cars to sell I have to say the videos are pretty well made. The Carpathian Grey over Caraway in particular looks amazing!

Eirik34 I think Carpathian with Silver Atlas will look very elegant. Which interior have you gone for? I find cars with the same exterior colour look quite different depending on the interior colour.

And good question on the colour of those cars in the picture you found. I agree the front car is Charente Grey. My guess is the rear car is the same colour which I know sounds crazy!

Horse86 I quite liked Waitomo Grey - my memory of it is that it is lighter and less brown than Charente but I only saw one Waitomo car and that was in a dealership.

BigFiat if I understand you correctly you have seen Carpathian with a shadow pack and felt the shadow pack looked like it was also Carpathian as opposed to whatever the normal shadow pack colour is? I have seen all three colour packs (ie silver, nickel and shadow) but I haven’t seen the shadow pack on Carpathian i’m afraid. My only reference point is the video 5.0 found. On one side the shadow pack looks like it is Carpathian:

And then at the front and on the other side it looks like a warmer grey. Perhaps it is one of those colours that looks different under different lighting? If I see a Carpathian car with shadow pack I will have a close look!

I see your point about the 1079 wheels - I have seen them on a car and agree they look lighter than the configurator shows.

Aja500 and RDR I know what you mean - choosing a colour is hard! And so is the spec as you can’t get all the new improved things on one car. Today I am leaning towards Carpathian over Caraway as the video 5.0 found looks so beautiful - to my eyes at least!

Freddy bear, you are a star for your perseverance and commitment to showing us all the variations out there.

I had another look at shadow pack on carpathian, and it seems it is carpathian on the side “gills” and the bottom edge of the first tailgate on the rear, but you are perfectly right the front surround grill is something different. I’m assuming designers way above my amateur aesthetics have concluded that’s the right look, and I’m actually very happy with it. As for the 1079 wheels being lighter, I think I’m happy with this, I’m not in the black wheel camp, but as to the overall look, I guess I’m going to have to wait with heart slightly in mouth hoping I haven’t messed up on a 130 k car

Best, BigFiat

Post #631536 13th May 2022 5:33pm

United Kingdom 

It’s a shame they don’t offer the wheels in the same grey as the shadow pack instead of black. I think that would work well.

Post #631537 13th May 2022 5:50pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Carpathian or atlas? Sorry for the geeky question? I think atlas a la front grill surround would work really well, in the spirit of the whole “reductionist” thematic. There is still a part of me questioning some of the features being reduced to carpathian on a car that is already massive cleaned up and whether it would end up being a bit bland and “slab-sided”…Lordy, why is this so difficult? One of our other members is considering the additional expense of an sv to get that delightful blue, and I was so dismayed to find it on the RRS configurator and not on the FFRR configurator. At the end of all of this, it’s a first world problem in a world where the Ukrainian plight is way way way more important.

Post #631542 13th May 2022 6:19pm

United Kingdom 

I was meaning Carpathian on the wheels. I am not a huge fan of black as it loses the details of the design on the wheels, and diamond cut wheels are on everything these days and I think they might have had their time. I have grey wheels on my new M3 and I think it's a good compromise.

Post #631559 13th May 2022 8:23pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

My pleasure BigFiat!

This short clip caught my eye - any ideas on what the pack is? Sometimes I think it is silver atlas, sometimes nickel. I don’t think it is shadow because the undertray looks too light.

A walk through Stansted Airport car parks yesterday (living the dream!) to retrieve my L405 did make me think that black suits RR and RRS very well.

What do you think?

If you like Belgravia green both Car Magazine and Top Gear magazine in the UK have long articles with Belgravia cars in them this month.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdO6sp7BnAU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Click image to enlarge

Post #631583 14th May 2022 7:22am
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

Footage of a LWB 5 seat Santorini Black over Caraway with silver atlas:

Post #631594 14th May 2022 9:38am
Martin2

England 

I followed a black with black pack car down the M1 yesterday and with the lights off it looked narrow and tall, not quite full on London Double Decker like the current Discovery but nor far off. I think it needs to be a slightly lighter colour and/or have a contrast / lighter pack to make the proportions look right. Or keep the lights on I guess….. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #631612 14th May 2022 12:59pm
rags

United Kingdom 

What I find annoying is that I cant spec the Atlas exterior finish unless I go for an Autobiography. The Nickel Atlas pack just doesn’t work with a number of the exterior paint colours on offer. Like Charente grey as one example.

Why are Land Rover so restrictive?

Post #631869 16th May 2022 5:32pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

Rags I tend to have Autobiographies so hadn’t thought of this problem but now completely see your point - it does limit your colour choice.

Went to the Royal Windsor Horse Show on Saturday and so caught it on TV last night. The Queen arrived and departed in a LWB L460 with clear glass. Anyone guess what the colour is? Rosello Red perhaps? Looks lovely!

Best video of the car I can find and share is here:

https://fb.watch/d2wthHSUoK/

Post #631912 16th May 2022 10:05pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

So encouraging that it has a defective fog light. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #631915 17th May 2022 3:14am
neuf11

Germany 

. . . may be a a combined fog- / cornering light.

Post #631920 17th May 2022 6:35am
Seriouslthinkingaboutit

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

The Queen’s 460 looked absolutely fabulous.

I also noticed that the rear window fully opened so no glass showing above door. Are they all like this or is (I thought) safety feature over-ridden in this case

Douglas 2007 4.2SC Buckingham Blue

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic63319.html

Post #631921 17th May 2022 7:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 19 of 26 <123 ... 181920 ... 242526>