Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Woke up this morning & bought a new 460 !!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Bill

United Kingdom 

Thanks que

I am enjoying….

IMHO it’s a different drive to the 405, very responsive to both the foot and the steering wheel… just have to be very much more gentle with the car… Could be the 4 wheel steering at speed???????

The all black & added black is still a poke in the eye..but I’m swiftly learning to really appreciate it. There are some lovely colours & clear glass coming through for other members, but SWMBO fancied a bit of black!

Just tuned in Apple play today , Alexa and downloads from BBC sounds…( amazing prom last night worth listening to) all clever stuff. Whilst I assume it was on my previous car I hadn’t got to it. Lack of a CD player on this one means I had to tick the boxes and explore.
I assume Alexa music will only play whilst in 4G contact. ?????
Next job look for instructions on how to use them all… Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #641231 28th Aug 2022 5:19pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

So a couple of months on….

The handbook is almost non existent & the app replacement is not very informative. Both need improvement. I’m still looking for the start stop off button.

I don’t have any real complaint about the car. There is a question mark about the positioning of the info screen, it’s in the way, but also gets hot…so…. Maybe not so easy to sink it into the dash. On the other hand, others do it.

I’m getting mpg of 35-41 on long trips, without being careful with the foot. Very comforting to see a range of 600 miles after filling up. Even if it really means 550mpg. Whistle

The car will drive itself. Cruise control is much much better than before. The old one would lurch forward at 3000 revs if a slow car in front pulled in from the overtaking lane & could ‘see’ nothing in front of it. This one gently moves faster. Excellent.
Also has lane control. Steers itself around corners Thumbs Up , most of the time Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ; Sometimes it decides it won’t go around and carries straight on. Maybe it’s playing chicken, in which case the car won! However knowing it’s limitations the system is just fine as just needs a slight touch and therefore I’m sure it will be a relaxing ride on the empty roads in France.

The tight turning circle means it’s a very easy and manageable car to manoeuvre. Thanks to 4 w s no more running over my lawn as I turn around…
The rear wiper has four jets attached to the wiper, cleans almost every inch, & the rear screen seems larger… I may be wrong.

Very nippy, still have to be careful on pulling away, as it drives differently to the other car. For the better.

All in all very happy, those that are waiting, keep the faith, it’s worth it.

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #645899 18th Oct 2022 7:00pm
Crocs

Scotland 

From the iGuide:
Touch the vehicle controls icon on the touchscreen driver side bar.
Select DRIVE.
Touch the Engine Stop/Start soft key.

Post #645900 18th Oct 2022 7:27pm
Crocs

Scotland 

The autonomous system is great. Don’t you just love it when the screen tells you to keep your hands on the steering wheel?

Post #645901 18th Oct 2022 7:30pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Not far away… just testing….as you know you can’t actually let go, there has to be some contact. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #645904 18th Oct 2022 7:59pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Crocs wrote:
From the iGuide:
Select DRIVE.

Mmmmm, need to do that whilst reading your message /iGUIDE. Thanks Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #645907 18th Oct 2022 8:31pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

]

Hah! I confess to driving almost everywhere with adaptive and lane assist switched on. It really is indispensable for me now.

Now I have no way of knowing whether this is plausible but the assistive technology has gotten better and better the more the car has been driven. Even with a new windscreen to challenge it!

Post #645987 19th Oct 2022 9:41pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Clarification.

Mpg drops like a stone , at speed , low 30’s French legal limit 80mph (plus a bit ) . To be fair the old car would be 27mpg.
All on the liar meter so knock another ten percent off.

Also need to watch out for lane assist.

I’m not quite sure but……
Seems that if you indicate left or right and change lane. That’s fine.
Not indicating and changing causes some resistance.

I was travelling in road works , cones changed my lane, so I didn’t indicate, the steering wheel and I had a little tussle…
Actually quite a hard wrench.

Head lights are just brilliant/clever , probably no change from other recent models. However for me it’s all new. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #646094 21st Oct 2022 11:37am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the updates Bill. Yes, I've noticed this steering battle on my Defender. It can take you by surprise sometimes. For example, if a car is in your blind spot, even if you indicate, it will prevent you from steering into the lane. I think this is fine, but I also think I'm a slightly better judge of how much space to leave, and that the car is overly cautious. Perhaps I'm wrong! 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #646097 21st Oct 2022 12:04pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Crocs wrote:
From the iGuide:
Select DRIVE.

Got there…..eventually!!! Thanks Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #646112 21st Oct 2022 3:25pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Bill wrote:
So a couple of months on….

The handbook is almost non existent & the app replacement is not very informative. Both need improvement.

Bill

There is a much clearer , informative and better presented digital handbook on the landrover remote app. Not the iGUIDE. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #647553 7th Nov 2022 10:52am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Bill wrote:
Clarification.

Mpg drops like a stone , at speed , low 30’s French legal limit 80mph (plus a bit ) . To be fair the old car would be 27mpg.
All on the liar meter so knock another ten percent off.

So coming home the French leg was much the same as going 32/33mpg . Speed ‘moving along!’

On the U.K. side, speed is restricted for much of the journey. No real jams

I guess 50% is 50mph camera controlled. The rest 70 ish.

The 90 mile U.K. side drive produced a 42mpg result Shocked Impressive, as is the car. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #648348 17th Nov 2022 5:00pm
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Can't leave this without commenting on lane assist. How can anything (and I'm referring specifically to steering here, but active brakes also come to mind, again in some circumstances) that doesn't respond immediately to driver input and actively resists it under certain circumstances possibly be considered a safety aid? There have been instances of cars fitted with this abomination driving into parked cars and into hedges on narrow roads with centre markings (if you don't signal then it activates). If I were legislating, this 'feature' along with a few others (eg touch screens for primary controls) would be banned.

These things are simply for lazy drivers on motorways only, apologies if I offend anyone but I feel very strongly about some of the so-called latest driver aids. They are nothing of the sort and in some situations are downright dangerous. Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #648406 18th Nov 2022 9:39am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Some lane assist systems are indeed infuriating, especially on (say) country roads in Scotland where one wants to avoid potholes or follow the best line on the road and cross a broken white line while doing so. But can the 'steering assist' function on the L460 not be switched off? Ownerinfo.landrover suggests that it can, but I'm not sure if it can be done once and for all, or it has to be done each time the engine is started. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #648427 18th Nov 2022 11:51am
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

So far as I know, yes it can be switched off, but I think that isn't really the point, especially as the system generally defaults to on. For such a safety critical function as steering it shouldn't rely on the driver remembering to switch it off. Lane assist is dangerous, full stop (yes, it's my opinion but I'd love to hear the argument for it, clearly demonstrating why it's safer than not having it). Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #648453 18th Nov 2022 3:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>