Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Woke up this morning & bought a new 460 !!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Bill

United Kingdom 

The car is back
Oik needs reeducation. 500v and wires might assist. I’m not going to go into the detail of the stupidity as I shouldn’t let the single chap ruin the experience of what is a fantastic car.
Diagnosis Nothing wrong… Let’s hope he is right.
Will start a different subject thread. Battery, as I really don’t know & just need to clear my mind. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #651276 20th Dec 2022 6:42pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I shouldn’t of started a new battery thread. I suspect this is linked . Rolling Eyes

I had a fast blinking right indicator on the dash

Turns out it’s a warning of light failure. My rear offside brake light isn’t working .

Call out JLR assist, he works extremely hard to get to the light. Tougher than the 405! There is a loom joining a big loom to a little loom to the light. It has a sponge on it .
He has been told to remove it and throw it away from both sides. They retain water.
Presumably messing up the rear light.

More importantly to me, I wonder if the sponge being wet, across the loom join, frozen at minus 7 just shorted and ran down the battery…. I have no idea if that was the issue. I have asked one of two people who think it might of been. I just don’t know.

Anyway ; took a very long time 6-7 days to get it into the dealer, another long worthless story. Waiting to hear if they will tell me what’s wrong before next Friday. Shocked . That’s two weeks. I have asked for an earlier diagnosis .waiting to hear.
I enquired of another dealer, no diagnostic checks available until end February.

If it is a busted rear light, they are on back order, there are no rear lights available in the country!!!!

In the meantime I have a sport phev & waiting for them to collect the Volvo. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #653642 15th Jan 2023 5:48pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

That's a bit strange, a piece of sponge, its a bit like sticking a bucket under a leak, surely the best solution would have been for LR to stop the ingress of water in the first place.

Post #653660 15th Jan 2023 9:02pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Apparently mercedes uses sponges all over the place, presumably to stop rattling wires?????

Seems this specific one is recommended for removal if RR assist have the opportunity. Maybe they should use a clip and allow water to run past. I’m no engineer.

The spot has to be vulnerable to water as it’s where the boot opens , water has super powers & can get everywhere ! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #653718 16th Jan 2023 12:46pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Land Rover seem to have a sponge fetish.

Post #653721 16th Jan 2023 1:24pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Good news ; spare part , rear light , has arrived . More by crook than hook !

Waiting to hear when they can fit it.

Have had a loan sport phev. Now I know why I didn’t buy a sport. The only plus side is there is more room in a car parking space!

Deep breath! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #654965 28th Jan 2023 3:28pm
Crocs

Scotland 

I almost had a loan Sport PHEV yesterday but they sorted a rattle while I waited. Interested to know what you thought of it.

Post #655024 28th Jan 2023 10:31pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Hi Crocs

The sport is a nice enough car, drives ok , in fact quite zippy. I don’t get the phev principle as that only offers 35 miles….but really haven’t got my head around it.
The car doesn’t suit me as it’s to small, the dog ( German Shepard) doesn’t fit in the back and I ( larger than average) don’t really fit in the front. Smaller & dogless people will be fine. As mentioned before very much more car park friendly as it takes less space.
The doors actually seem even further away than in the full fat whilst trying to close them. Maybe I haven’t set the seats properly.
Has all the gizmo equipment anyone would want. Just doesn’t have the height ,nor the substance of a FFRR … many people choose them instead of a FFRR , so horses for courses. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #655086 29th Jan 2023 8:18pm
Crocs

Scotland 

Thanks for that, Bill.

I’ve been toying with the idea of a PHEV as most of my journeys these days are below 30 miles. And, somehow, the Sport seems more sensible in this case as well as more practical as I never have anyone in the rear seats. I’ve had Sports before, so I know I’ll fit. Very Happy

Post #655131 30th Jan 2023 1:58pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

12 months on !

So having been woken up by a call from my local FFRR dealer to this is your lucky day, we have a FFRR L460 for you.

It was with some reluctance I took their brand new car still in its plastic wrapping out for a test drive. Only a D300, I wanted a D350 & this one wasn't AB but an HSE with add ons 23inch wheels , black pack etc. I went through the list of things the upgraded HSE has v AB .. nowt that seemed important to worry about other than the very important but missing fridge!

So a year on: what do I like ? I moved from a 2016 L405 to the L460.
Smooth, quiet , fantastic camera set up, super bright LED intelligent headlights, CarPlay as unused in previous cars., comfortable, excellent tight turning circle courtesy of 4 wheel steer. 23 inch wheels are nice, retractable step, Lots of storage space (no fridge) . Love HUD, even throws the directions onto the screen. Update over the air. Selecting personal dash: The car shape is such there is a ridge along the side, perfect for resting an elbow to ease me out of the car. The dash is attractive. I continually use the cabin particle filter. Security satisfied with JLR solution. I bought the dealer applied special coating for inside and out. Comes up sparkling each time.

Don’t like : sticky outy screen, Not at all! Too much info on the screen, Footwell could be wider, seat belt longer, Average people won’t have these issues . Could do with more air in the back for the dog.

To do : master the voice command.

Faults . I had the completely dead battery/ stolen car . No reoccurrence. Probably software updates fixed this issue.
Rear light section died, only angst was the delay and misery from the service department. Yet to book in for a damp patch on the floor caused by the rear heating system . The phone charging pad is handy, but not as strong /fast as a hard wired connection.

Is it completely stupid having a car north of £100,000 sitting on the drive ? YES It’s NUTS ! Is there any other car I would want to buy around /below £100,000 ? NO .

About two months prior to buying, I drove the petrol car & that’s sublime : However I would have an anxiety attack every time I went to a petrol station. So diesel is my preference . The D300 is very frisky and the mild hybrid took a while to get used to as I used to take off at a junction like poo off a shovel. Lots of grunt . Only one speeding ticket so far … seriously , just wiggle the big toe & it adds 10 mph, the accelerator is extraordinarily sensitive.

I do wonder what the D350 is like & I have been tempted to chop thie D300 in for the D350 with fridge, on the other hand I don’t drive everywhere at 100mph any more. The D300 cruises and gobbles miles at 90 mph in France & just wafts along . Occasionally drifts over 100 without noticing. SWMBO fails to notice as well!!!! . Have never tested top speed or sport mode. No real need for more speed, so maybe I just don’t need the L350…

Whilst writing the missive; just had one valuation for a trade in, I won’t be changing any time soon… depreciation nearly 30k or the stealer is being unkind.The difference between trade in and the new specked car would be nearly £45K….. WHAT? As no need to swop it in, I won’t. That’s an expensive fridge, as everything else is satisfactory.

Insurance went up from the 405 from about £500 to £700 for the L460. The insurance company wanted to double it this year, Other quotes near £5,000 before I found a new provider at £890.00 . This has to be a barrier to joyful ownership. Whilst all insurance has increased, the value of the car limits the options.
Miffed at having to renew tracking after one year instead of being three years inclusive. In the great scheme of things irrelevant, which is probably the view JLR take.

Am I pleased with the car? YES I am absolutely delighted. I don’t think the two/three issues I have had with the car are ,with hindsight, that important, it’s a new car and some gremlins are to be expected. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #670869 10th Aug 2023 10:39am
gerryb

United Kingdom 

Nice to hear some positive feedback for once. Ordered a 440e HSE in February 22 and still waiting for a build date. Been told I will get a 460e HSE MY24. For the last 18 months reading this forum I have been wondering if I have made huge mistake.

Post #670878 10th Aug 2023 12:19pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i enjoyed that Bill.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #670881 10th Aug 2023 12:29pm
Crocs

Scotland 

Good review, Bill. I bought the D300 SE but added options that I wanted eg better seats. Love it.

Only problem is rear light issue which will be sorted next month (time of my choosing). I got the fridge just because I had one previously but, frankly, it's expensive for the little time it's used. I got the wood rimmed steering wheel which is nice but.... worth the money?!? I have only used the opening panoramic roof once. Park Assist is magical and deployable towbar with Advanced Tow Assist mind blowing. Also love the cruise control and the overall ride is serene.

Post #670885 10th Aug 2023 12:51pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Bill,

If you’re upgrading to the same HSE spec plus a fridge then £45k to swap seems out of kilter with the used prices presently on the LR site and Autotrader.

If you’re upgrading to a D350 AB from D300 HSE then this increased spec will account for a large amount of the cost to swap.

I’d ask another dealer or two and would be interested in their responses. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #670895 10th Aug 2023 4:02pm
Crocs

Scotland 

On values, I agree with Bill. WBAC still offer more or less what I paid for mine, so I would expect a premium anywhere else.

Post #670898 10th Aug 2023 4:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>