Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > paddling pool around the compressor in boot !!!!! Help !! :(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
L322Pilot

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

On the subject of leaks I recently had a nearside quater panel replaced due corrosion from inside which was caused by water ingress over a long period. With the upper tail-gate open take a look in the well up where the hinges are located and there are 2 oval shaped rubber grommets which carry wires into the rear of the car.
If they are dammaged or not fitted correctly any water running off the roof can find its way into the car.

Post #87625 16th Oct 2011 10:56am
A1GSS

England 

Just been to check mine, they're in perfect condition. Thumbs Up

I reckon I must have left the tailgate partially open. The flood has not recurred. Graham

____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #87626 16th Oct 2011 11:00am
Joe90

England 

Well, my RSW All Comms arrived yesterday and I put it to work on my non functioning Air Suspension (no lights on dash, right down on drivers side - RHD)

Ran all this with all doors closed, drivers window open so I could rest the laptop on the drivers seat and operate from outside the vehicle whilst trying out different height settings

Gave me back an Articulation Validity Fault, which I cleared, then the lights came on and the compressor started firing away Smile

Tried going to Off Road Height but it just wouldn't go up there, turned switch back to normal and the car almost immediately levelled off. Tried Off Road again, still wouldn't go there, so reconnected the All Comms, same fault again, cleared it and suddenly I got a huge whoosh of air from OSR as the car tried to rise. Had a feel around the airbag and found a small hole pumping out the air. Diagnosis! and strangely the one I had in the first place!

So do I know just replace the one airbag or do both on the front, and recommendations please on best value airbags? .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #88970 26th Oct 2011 9:59am
RR8701

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi Joe90,

Certainly seems like the bag is goosed as they say. I managed to clear my faults etc but my compressor is just screwed i think, mines does go to the off road height however it is taking up to/over a minute to get there from the access setting.

As for actually buying a bag I have seen them on ebay sometimes for 50 pounds sometimes (2nd hand) but generally new they go for 300-400 pounds. Fitting from what I have read is not too bad however I have never looked at this in detail, hopefully someone can come along as advise on this some more.

good luck with the fix !!!

Post #88972 26th Oct 2011 10:11am
47p2

Scotland 

If it's just the bag then change one, if a complete strut assembly then change both

Post #88977 26th Oct 2011 11:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456